Thread: Frame Methods and Software

Frame Methods and Software

I have been searching for software for framing my photos for digital presentation. Similar to how Bryan frames his photos. I would prefer something that integrates or is a plugin for Lightroom 3. There seems to be to two popular software titles for this. The first is OnOne's Photoframe Pro. I did try a trial version of this and liked the ease of use but it is very expensive for what I want---$249. There is also HSC EDIT's Magic Frame for $89.99; Unfortunately HSC doesn't offer a trial version of thier software. Does anyone have any experience with HSC software or any other recommendations for framing your photos?

Your comments are appreciated,

Bob
    Bob

Re: Frame Methods and Software

It probably sounds crazy Bob, but mostly the cheapest programs offer such framing methods etc. Think of picasa...

At least I'd really doubt it that you'd need to pay that much for just a simple frame.

About the Lightroom plugin...if you find one, keep me posted [A]

Jan

Jan,

I Know that many of your printer software packages and other cheap software has framing options, But I was really looking for a lightroom plugin----No, I am not spending $250 for frames---I just won't do it. I am in the process of testing a program called HSC Edit---It looks pretty good, But I have only just installed it. HSC Edit offers alot more than just frames and you can buy a package deal. Although I am not really interested in the other functions, some people might be---I'll give an update once I have had a chance to play with it a bit more.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob

Thanks Jan,

Actually I already have this and it works very well. But.....It only does solid color borders and you can only see it upon output of your photos.

Bob

Hmm okay you're right about that, then I guess I have to keep looking [:P]

Jan,

I Installed the trial version of HSC Edit. Well it does do frames, its fairly easy to use, but the frame selection is very limited and not what I am looking for. The other features, color adjustments, noise reduction etc just seem to be redundant functions that are already in photoshop or lightroom.---So, I really wasn't very impressed with HSC Edit.----Guess Iwill also keep looking.
    Bob

The basic way is to increase the canvas size, color the now blank area, maybe increase the size again and make a different color. Won't give you the drop shadow though.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams
    Guess Iwill also keep looking.

Well until I find something, which seems very hard, I think photoshop works ok for now []