Thread: FD to EOS adapter

FD to EOS adapter

I have an old bellows that I used a lot with my old A-1 and FD-lenses. This was great for macro photographing. I recently took apart my kit-lens and tried to fit the bajonet (right word?) to the bellows, but the screw holes did of course not fit. I would like to take advantage of my exellent FD primes to do macro-photography with the bellows, but with my EOS 400D body. I will be able to focus using the FD-lens focus and adjust the length of the bellows. Also, the aperture will be adjusted manually.

To avoid more disassembly of equipment, I wonder if anyone have heard of an adapter to use FD-lenses on EOS bodies. I know that Canon made one when they introduced EOS for the first time, but these were with optics and cost up to 1000$. I just want the adapter, but no lens between.

Any suggestions? Otherwise, I would have to dismount the bellows completely to remove the bits and pieces that obstruct the complete alignment of the kit-lens bajonet. Of course, I will show you the results of my fine mechanics skills when (if) they succeed.

Lars

Re: FD to EOS adapter

Hey Lars,

it's possible and doesnt even cost you that much. One search in google gives you a lot of answers. Here is one:http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Lens-Body-Mount-Adapter/dp/B001D8X72G

Good luck with it!

Jan

Thanks for the help. In fact, I did a search, but the only hits concerned how expensive the original were, and how poor quality the 3rd party were, and some on people doing the fitting themselves. However, these were with a lens to allow infinity focusing.

I have obviously used the wrong search words [:$]

I don't know what you did wrong [:P]it was my first time looking for something like this. Perhaps some wrong search-criteria, could happen to anyone. But this was the kind of thing you where looking for?

If you want to know more about these converters...I know for sure that there are more people around here that use FD lenses, right John?(fastglass) ^^

Anyway good luck with it and show us how good your old FD lenses still are []

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    I know for sure that there are more people around here that use FD lenses, right John?(fastglass) ^^

Right, I don't have any shots but manual focus are a fantastic value if you can manage without AF. A manual prime such as my FD 35mm f/2.0 will poo-poo anylens in that price range, exept mabye a nifty fifty. My whole portfolio in my accountis taken with my Minolta 600mm f/6.3, they even impress me some times.[]