Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Portrait for C&C

Re: Another Portrait for C&C

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    An image that no one can fault. If someone can show me an image that has no faults could you please post it for me, I would be greatly intrigued and it would be a great reference point.

Considering photography is highly subjective, I do not believe a "perfect" image exists. What one may find perfect, another is not so impressed. You must remember that here at TDP, we have photographers at all skill levels from the beginning hobbyist to the highly professional. If I were to take this photo above, for me it would be perfect considering I am as low on the totem pole as you can get for skill level. I have watched the OP photos improve greatly over time & I believe he is just looking at ways to keep improving his skill.

For the sensitive ones out there, don’t get your pants in a twist and read something into this that is not there, just asking to see the perfect faultless image that everyone likes.
    I don't believe anyone is trying to find fault in anyone's photos, just merely suggest ways for improvement in future shots. My feelings are if someone is going to point out a negative on someone's photo, a suggestion for improvementshould accompany it. IMO, no one's skill level is so high that there isn't anymore room for improvement.

BTW - Very nice photo again, Angelo but I do agree with the others about the whites of the eyes. Maybe have her look slightly past you next time. I look forward to seeing more of your photos soon!!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR

Agree with the hair at the jawline as a
    distraction and typically you want some white on both sides of the
    iris. But it still is a good photograph despite

Thanks John! I
    agree with the hair at the jawline as a distraction. I myself gets drawn
    to that part.

I really like it, a lot. But what is the perfect pose, hair position, amount of white in the eye (sclera) showing, back ground, lighting, etc etc.
    I have been reading this forum for quite some time and am yet to recall a photo that someone has submitted for critique that has been deemed “perfect”. An image that no one can fault. If someone can show me an image that has no faults could you please post it for me, I would be greatly intrigued and it would be a great reference point.
    For the sensitive ones out there, don’t get your pants in a twist and read something into this that is not there, just asking to see the perfect faultless image that everyone likes. Food for thought hey ? How much do professional photographers get a day to shoot professional models ?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks Scott for the positive remarks! I appreciate it very much but c'mon, let's not get too heated in here. "Perfect"-ness of a photo is quite relative just like a saying goes -- "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". We all view "perfect" and "beauty" differently, right? My purpose of seeking critique was to get input from others. I believe the final say on whether we have to adapt to their suggestions is entirely upon us.

I do really appreciate all the critique and comments, whether they are good or not, but I take all of it as input maybe to further improve or take into consideration into future occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Considering photography is highly subjective, I do not believe a
    "perfect" image exists.

Yes it's very highly subjective.. and relative if I may add.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

BTW
    - Very nice photo again, Angelo but I do agree with the others about
    the whites of the eyes. Maybe have her look slightly past you next
    time. I look forward to seeing more of your photos soon!!

Denise

Thanks Denise, for your input. I guess the white on the eyes (catch lights) will somehow vary depending on what the photo is intended for. But maybe, for this photo, I'd try for another session and have a look at it.

I'm looking forward for more critique and comments. [] It's a work in progress.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenBug
    I'm looking forward for more critique and comments

Guess it's my turn then []

Great shot Angelo! I'm not really bothered by the slight softness of the photo, it might even be positive for this shot. Although a sharp sourcephoto would be the best of course.

Talking about the original...what does it look like?? [A] I must say that your crop works really well for me. The slight breeze in her hair, the eyes pointing to the empty space on the left...I like it! If she was looking just slightly less angled so you'd see just a bit more eye-white on the left of her pupils it would be better, I agree with that. And yeah the hair in her jawline.. well I probably wouldn't have seen it during the shoot either [A] How high does the hair on top of her head blow up? Sorry for the messed up sentence, but I'm curious if you cropped slightly less you could have all of her hair in the frame?

Anyway I like the composition, lighting, colors...it's a great shot!

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

Guess it's my turn then [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Please do so...

Great shot Angelo! I'm not really bothered by the slight softness of the photo, it might even be positive for this shot. Although a sharp sourcephoto would be the best of course.

Thank you Jan!

Talking about the original...what does it look like?? [img]/emoticons/emotion-13.gif[/img] I must say that your crop works really well for me. The slight breeze in her hair, the eyes pointing to the empty space on the left...I like it! If she was looking just slightly less angled so you'd see just a bit more eye-white on the left of her pupils it would be better, I agree with that. And yeah the hair in her jawline.. well I probably wouldn't have seen it during the shoot either [img]/emoticons/emotion-13.gif[/img] How high does the hair on top of her head blow up? Sorry for the messed up sentence, but I'm curious if you cropped slightly less you could have all of her hair in the frame?

Anyway I like the composition, lighting, colors...it's a great shot!

Here's the somewhat original photo.. [] Not much blowed hair on top...

Would've this worked better??? [:$]
    Cheers!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenBug
    Would've this worked better??? [img]/emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]

Nah... I love the horizontal crop Angelo! Makes the image look much stronger, but thanks for showing me the picture!

Good framing and I don't know if I had seen the idea of the horizontal crop myself, so good job! [Y]

Nah... I love the horizontal crop Angelo! Makes the image look much stronger, but thanks for showing me the picture!

Good framing and I don't know if I had seen the idea of the horizontal crop myself, so good job! [img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks Jan! []
    Cheers!
    --

Now I have to get these sort of shots myself and I'm happy too []

Now I have to get these sort of shots myself and I'm happy too [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

I know you can also get these sort of shots yourself.. I am happy to get these kinds of shots.. []
    Cheers!
    --