Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Assignment 11: Singing in the Rain

Re: Assignment 11: Singing in the Rain

Nice Job Ken!!

Congrats to Ken and all of the participants! Nice Job all around!

Although I voted. It seems that we get a small turn out when it comes to voting, so I was wondering if it's possible next time.., for someoneto stickie the thread on top of the forum, and add the word voteto the title. I think a lot of people don't realize that a vote is actually taking place. Just a suggestion.

Rich

Hi Ken!

My congratulations! As I previously said, superb image and emotion.

Joël

Ken, Congrats, Great Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane

Although I voted. It seems that we get a small turn out when it comes to voting, so I was wondering if it's possible next time.., for someoneto stickie the thread on top of the forum, and add the word voteto the title. I think a lot of people don't realize that a vote is actually taking place. Just a suggestion.

Rich

Honestly, even though I follow the forum, I have never seen a place to cast my vote---What am I missing, where and how do you vote?

Bob

Bob

Bob,

After everyone submits their photos, the field is narrowed down to the finalists, then there are a few congratulatory posts, and then the vote takes place back at the top of the Assignment Thread, which is also thefirst post in the thread. I assume this is done, so that there isn't a "voting post'" followed by some congratulatory posts after it, which would then leave the "voting post" in the middle of the thread.

If you check the thread regularly, then it's easy to realize that voting is taking place, but if you miss a few days, then it's quite easy to miss the vote.

Whatsreal, Are you able to:?

1) Stickie the thread at the top of the forum or...,

2) Edit the title of the Thread to indicate that voting is taking place.

Thanks, "Whatsreal" for taking the time to put this whole thing together in the first place.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane

Whatsreal, Are you able to:?

1) Stickie the thread at the top of the forum or...,

2) Edit the title of the Thread to indicate that voting is taking place.

I don't know if I can make threads "Sticky," I'll ask Bryan if that is a feature of the site that he could turn on for me. One way everyone could help would be to post a comment after they vote, then it will keep getting moved back to the top of the list.

I used to change the title, but lately I have been forgetting. (I'd forget my own head if it wasn't attached to my body, to use an old phrase) I will try to remember that.

Thank you all for the interest and participation.

Dan Fleming (wish I could change my username...didn't read Bryan's post about that before signing up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsreal
    Dan Fleming (wish I could change my username...didn't read Bryan's post about that before signing up.)

Shoot Bryan an email. He changed mine a while back.