Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 11: Singing in the Rain

Assignment 11: Singing in the Rain

Hello again!

Thanks to MattG we have a new assignment in the works.

<p class="MsoNormal"]"singing in the rain"
    <p class="MsoNormal"]The idea would be capture the emotion you feel from the rain in your particular scene. I can see them ranging from loud and daunting to calm and tranquil.<span>It could be a horrendous downpour or a quite sun shower, just after the rain or even just before.<span>Have fun of course!

So I let this go about 2 weeks longer than I meant to. Sorry guys. The finalists are up now, though the messages between Matt and myself got deleted I had them in my inbox (YAY).

Raginblues

Ehcalum

Joel

neuroanatomist

[Poll]

Re: Assignment 11: Singing in the Rain

Do you mean more like portrait shots in the rain, or just photos of rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehcalum

I'd say an open interpretation of the assignment subject is part of the game.

And unfortunately (?) here in Italy we've been having nothing but sunshine for weeks, with no indication of change, so for this round I'll either have to be very creative, or drive real far ;-)

Happy shooting, Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Colin500

Quote Originally Posted by Ehcalum

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I'd say an open interpretation of the assignment subject is part of the game.

And unfortunately (?) here in Italy we've been having nothing but sunshine for weeks, with no indication of change, so for this round I'll either have to be very creative, or drive real far ;-)

Happy shooting, Colin
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I cant really feel bad that you are stuck in Italy but I agree 100% onyour interpretation pointColin! As long as it has something to do with rain your good.

Here is an example.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.55/NYC-Rain.jpg[/img]

Just bought my 17-55 from B&amp;Hand it rained the entire weekend in NYC The vibe I get from this picture is depressing!! Which is exactly how I felt.

I took this picture form the window of my room at theEmpire Hotel.

Good Luck Everyone!!

MattG

That'd be right!Bloody rain!!! I live in the Australian desert!!!It hasn't rained here since January and won't until December!!! [:S]

Only joking(about the assignment that is, it really doesn't rain out here.) Nice topic, I'll see what I cancomeup with.Looking forward to some creative submissions.

Ben. [st]&lt;--- Hey look there's some!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Here is my post, thats what I feel like when it rains. Birder style![:P]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/_5F00_MG_5F00_7950.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

Here is another one.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/0196-_2300_-reduced.JPG[/img]

I like saturation, YAH. Saturation is good, YAH.[]Here is a link on how it should sound like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBsBKb150pM

John.

Took this picture while visiting Oslo this summer. We had some beautiful weather when we travelled Scandinavia for 2 weeks, but it rained for 24 hours during our visit to Oslo.

Fantastic Joel - I love the simplicity of the shot.

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor

Fantastic Joel - I love the simplicity of the shot.

Ben

Thanks Ben. I've always wanted to take this shot after seeing a shot with a pedestrian on a zebra crossing in Tokyo from high up. Finally saw this happening this summer, ran up some steps and quickly composed. I'm not too happy with the B&amp;W processing, but this is party because of the color of the pavement which was quite dark. I tried to raise the contrast between the woman and pavement (as you can see when you look at the - lack of - detail in her umbrella), but it didn't quite work out.

Jo&euml;l

Jordan Bridge, Chesapeake. In the middle of a downpour.