Hi All - I'm looking for a little help here...Please disregard the artistic/aesthetic merits of the shot - I'm well
aware it has none. I'm just trying to figure out how to use a WA lens with a foreground object(s) while maintaining a more realistic background.

I see the "environment" shots in magazines all the time, where there's a person in the FG and the BG looks realistic. I never know the location of course, I'm not familiar with it like I am the East River and the Manhattan skyline. But it seems I should be able to do better than this.

Doesn't this shot look goofy to you? The way the buildings practically look like toys? Technically speaking is this shot "all wrong?"

Or am I overreacting and it's actually not bad, or at least not unexpected?

I realize with a wide-angle lens, when you have a foreground object like I do it "pushes" the background away ...I was just surprised by how much. I have shots at 50mm that are much more realistic.

Anyway...as always, "Thanks!" for any thoughts you'd care to share.

5D 17-40mm @26mm 6sec @ f/5.6 ISO 100, PP in DxO 6.1.1

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.29.05/5D_5F00_20100703_5F00_13_5F00_dxo_5F00_02_5F00_web .jpg[/img]