Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryan's Southwest Photo Gallery

Bryan's Southwest Photo Gallery

Bryan, I just wanted to take a minute to say---WOW---- love your work here. I greatly appreciate the exif data and the tips you so generously offer. I live in the southwest and just a few hours from where you shot most of these--Unfortunately, I tend to take for granted the wonderful subject material that is in my own back yard. You have re-motivated me to get out, open my eyes and shoot what is right in front of me.

Perhaps, Between your reviews and tips, Neuroanatamist's understandable technical explanations, Nate's bird teachings and all of the rest of the posters that generously offer thier time to help others, I think this old dog (me) has learned some new tricks.

I have been to the other (large) sites, but I find that there is too little support and too much sarcasm, hatefulness etc---your site has none of this----and if someone nears the "rudeness" marker they are quickly and politley re-educated.

So, Just in case no one has told you lately----Thanks, You don't know how much your site, time, effort and technical expertise is appreciated.

Bob

Bob

Re: Bryan's Southwest Photo Gallery

Well stated Bob,

I wholeheartedly agree!

Great Job Bryan!

I'm so glad that I found this site too! I've really enjoyed chatting with all of you, as well as learning new things, and sharing knowledge. Plus, I don't have to torture my friends and family with my photos anymore.

Congrats to all the posters too, because this is the most civil forum that I've ever frequented.

Rich

Sheesh. Noobs.

On a more serious note, Bob is right, this is a very friendly and helpful forum. We're lucky to have a place where we can congregate, chat, share ideas, get inspired, and feel better about getting the most out of our photography. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    Noobs.

Sean, I need help with this term [:S]
    Bob

Sheesh. Noobs.
    <div>

Well.., Most of you anyway!

<div></div>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams

Noobs.

Sean, I need help with this term [img]/emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Haha, this is pretty funny in itself.

When I first came across this website, I've taken most of what Bryan had to say as gospel. Maybe not gospel, but at least a starting point to see how other reviewers compare. And putting money where my mouth is, I spent quite a few bucks on equipment based on his reviews. I also enjoy reading other posters points and counterpoints; always good to hear different angles of view.

Old hat from 35mm film-based photography of yore, but noob to DSLRs and digital photography ingeneral. Many thanks!

Urban Dictionary defines "noob"

"Someone who does not know how the world works, what is going on, or anything. They aren't as new as annoying. A newbie is someone new but isn't an idiot. A n00b is the most annoying thing on this earth"

Urban Dictionary defines "Noobs" Plural of noob---Meaning, your taliking to someone other than me.

Sean, Can I shed the "Noob" title if I post more than 10 self portraits? []

<table id="entries"]
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="word"]noobs </td>
    <td class="tools" id="tools_537501"]<span class="status"]506 up, 62 down<span class="thumbs"][url="#][/url][url="#][/url]<span class="favorite"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    <td colspan="2" class="text" id="entry_537501"]
    <div class="zazzle_links"]buy noobs mugs, tshirts and magnets</div>
    <div class="definition"]Someone who does not know how the world works, what is going on, or anything. They aren't as new as annoying. A newbie is someone new but isn't an idiot. A n00b is the most annoying thing on this earth!</div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

<table id="entries"]
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="word"]noobs </td>
    <td class="tools" id="tools_537501"]<span class="status"]506 up, 62 down<span class="thumbs"][url="#][/url][url="#][/url]<span class="favorite"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    <td colspan="2" class="text" id="entry_537501"]
    <div class="zazzle_links"]buy noobs mugs, tshirts and magnets</div>
    <div class="definition"]Someone who does not know how the world works, what is going on, or anything. They aren't as new as annoying. A newbie is someone new but isn't an idiot. A n00b is the most annoying thing on this earth!</div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    Bob

...Once again Sean manages to hijack a thread in a very funny way.

This forum is certainly very helpful.

I once dreamed that I was in a bookstore and saw a "For Dummies" series book on strobist lighting techniques. It said "Strobism for Dummies by Sean Setters". []

Another time I dreamed that UPS brought me a package. It had the new Speedlite 620EX. The interesting thing about this new flash is that it has a large LCD on the back panel, and only three buttons, which also light up--a green one, orange one, and red one. I'm not sure where the power switch was; I woke up before finding it. [:O] I should email Canon Rumors about it. [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams
    Sean, Can I shed the "Noob" title if I post more than 10 self portraits? [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Yes. Fifteen gets you a t-shirt. Thirty makes you a certified expert. Anything more than that simply means you don't have a life. Need [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/budrowilson/sets/72157603590811231/]proof[/url]?

[quote=Whatsreal]...Once again Sean manages to hijack a thread in a very funny way. [/quote]

I leave the heavy lifting to Daniel and neuro.

[quote=ShutterbugJohan]

This forum is certainly very helpful.

I once dreamed that I was in a bookstore and saw a "For Dummies" series book on strobist lighting techniques. It said "Strobism for Dummies by Sean Setters". [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Another time I dreamed that UPS brought me a package. It had the new Speedlite 620EX. The interesting thing about this new flash is that it has a large LCD on the back panel, and only three buttons, which also light up--a green one, orange one, and red one. I'm not sure where the power switch was; I woke up before finding it. [img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] I should email Canon Rumors about it. [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

[/quote]

It's nice to know I'm being dreamed about. For my ego's sake, I will now think of you as a Brazilian supermodel.