Thread: Konfused in Kansas! Oh my...

Konfused in Kansas! Oh my...

I have downloaded the 30 trial of LR3 and PE8. They both look like they have great options/tools (I have not played a LOT yet.....). But - which one is better??????

THX!

Re: Konfused in Kansas! Oh my...

After a minute of thinking, I realized you were talking about Lightroom and Photoshop Elements

I prefer Photoshop CS4/5 for what I do, however Lightroom is also useful for quick touch-ups and edits.

Which do you prefer? Apples or Oranges? For what I do, Lightroom 3 is awesome and beats PSE8, but I also got it for close to the same price as PSE8, since I was eligible for the student discount.

I use Lightroom to import and save my photos to my hard drive, and then export ones I want to use to Photoshop for edits and final saving/printing.

*EDIT*

I usually do RAW touchups in lightroom, but often I take the RAW file straight to photoshop. They both do the same things except that lightroom is alot moreorganized.

Quote Originally Posted by jkpadgett
    But - which one is better??????

They have different purposes. I personally use Lightroom 3 and CS5 combined.

I use LR for the importing, library and the basic adjustments... however you can do a lot more with LR than I do...

I use Photoshop for the more demanding touches like cloning out unwanted elements etc, however it can also be done with LR albeit a little more basic.

If you're only going to have one of them, I'd suggest LR for a good workflow. Photoshop is nice for the more demanding shots, so just make sure you make close to perfect shots and you don't have to use it []

Jan