So by a fortuitous turn of events I have both outgrown my current camera bag, (a little cheap thing that only holds a body with a lens mounted) and my school laptop backpack is breaking after 6 long years of hard use. That means I need a bag to replace both. Infact, i have been able to convince my wife to let me spend a bit to get something higher quality because it would double as both a camera bag and my day-to-day school bag.

I currently have a Rebel XTi (400D), 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 II, 70-210 f/3.5-4.5, 50 f/1.8, Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro. So here are the requirements for a new bag:

1) Must have a dedicated laptop slot

2) The camera padded space must be able to come out so I can use it as a day bag.

3) Messenger style bag

4) not too "Hey! I'm a camera bag" or dorky looking

Those qualifications have left me with a short-list of candidates that are in my price range and meet my needs:

1) Tamrac Evolution Messenger 4. Nice looking, serves my purpose. The downside is that the camera insert does not have a closable top for storage when it is out of the main bag

2) Tenba Messenger Large. (The small would be fine too, but for the minimal price difference may as well get the larger one) This one is also nice, a little more stylish than the Tamrac, however it too does not have a closable top on the removable insert.

3) Kata DB-455. This is the smallest, cheapest, and most "city" looking of the bags. However the downside is that its insert is rather small. I could hold my camera with any lens mounted and maybe my nifty-fifty in the insert. That said, the insert doesn't take up the whole space alotted for it so a LowePro 1n lens case could sit beside it for an extra lens.

4) Kata CS-15. Not very good looking, more than I want to spend.

5) Naneu Pro Sierra or Tango. These are essentially the same bag as far as look and function go, but just slightly different sizes. Both are decently priced but ugly as all get out, so not to high on the list.

6) Naneu Pro Sahara 115F. Current favorite. The shuttle comes out and closes, even has hooks to attach its own shoulder strap should I need the space. Looksreally,really good in green.

So my question to the general wisdom of TDP: have any of you used any of the bags, or just the brands? Do you have good things to say about Naneu especially, or only bad?

Thanks so much!

Dan F