Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Your All Time Favorite Photo---That you have taken

Post Your All Time Favorite Photo---That you have taken

We have all sorts of these types of posts, but they are usually specific to subject matter. I thought it would be interstesting to see your favorite photo without limiting it to subject matter. Also, It would be nice to read why these shots are your favorite. I'll start the string off with this one:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.23/IMG_5F00_9268.JPG[/img]

I have been chasing road runners for a couple of years and finally found one that would let me work the shot. This guy let me work him for about 15 minutes one morning and its was the first time out with my 7D. This is my all time favorite.

Now--lets see what your favorite shot is and why.
    Bob

Re: Post Your All Time Favorite Photo---That you have taken

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/_5F00_MG_5F00_7774.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

This is my favorite shot because I took it....[:P] I love the colors, the composition, the background, the incredible sharpness, just everthing about it. Shot with my Minolta 600mm f/6.3, XTi at 250th ISO 100 wide open. With tripod.

John.

John, Incredible Colors---I would certainly be proud to have this in my collection. Gorgeous shot
    Bob

I shot this one years ago. It is still my favorite.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.21/DPP_5F00_0204.JPG[/img]

Great photo!

John.

The clock photo is just to Coool

Bob
    Bob

Awesome clock and sky.

June sunrise at Bryce Canyon National Park.

Canon EOS 7D, 24-70 f/2.8 L USM

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.43.06/4710611185_5F00_bd7039ed24_5F00_b.jpg[/img]

This is probably my favorite photo:

Wow this is a great thread... superb photos thus far, and quite inspiring.

I captured this sunrise shot on Christmas Eve 2009. It resonates with me because I actually came to this spot to take a photo in the opposite direction, a classic shot of Castle Mountain in Banff illuminated by alpenglow. As often happens, the lighting didn't work out, so I picked up my tripod and turned around to march back to my car. That's when I saw this view, and I immediately scrambled to compose a shot. It was fairly difficult to do, since it was -20 C and I was making post holes in the deep snow as I scampered around. I quickly settled on this perspective, with the snow mounds making a nice foreground element. I managed to get it all set up, including the 2-stop graduated ND filter, in time for the reflection to peak on the river. Two minutes later the show was over. I stumbled back to the car with a big grin on my face, in spite of my painfully frozen fingers. This is one of those photos that won't win any awards, but it sure means a lot to me personally because of the huge surprise in finding the scene, and the effort it took to get it.

I did a bare minimum of post-processing. Fixed the white balance, and added a touch of contrast... that's it.

Canon 5DII, 24-70 f/2.8 lens, 1.3 s @ f/16, ISO 100

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.25/IMG_5F00_0708_2D00_5.JPG[/img]