Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot? July 26th through August 1st.

What did you shoot? July 26th through August 1st.

Here's mine, let's see yours. I've been shooting more macro than anything recently.

Re: What did you shoot? July 26th through August 1st.

Love that spider shot, Jayson --- very dramatic. Here are a couple of mine:

Grassi Lakes, Canmore
    5DII, 24 mm TS-E II, 15s @ f/16, ISO 100, with polarizer and 5-stop solid ND

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.25/IMG_5F00_3309.JPG[/img]

Three-toed woodpecker, Banff
    1DIII, 300 f/2.8 lens, 1/200 @ f/4, ISO 1600

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.25/_5F00_M3_5F00_2123.JPG[/img]

Nice, Jayson. Love the first one (spider snack), last one isn't my favorite (good composition, but one OOF flower and two in focus bothers me a bit - I think a deeper DoF would have helped).

Here are mine, from a weekend trip to Elm Bank, the Massachusetts Horticultural Society's gardens.

EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM @ 13mm, 1/500 s, f/8, ISO 100

EOS 7D, EF 100mm f/2.8<span style="color: red;"]L Macro IS USM, 1/160 s, f/9, ISO 250

Canon 50D with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8, ISO 400 (Highlight Tone Priority), 1/60 sec, +1 EV

My niece Addison. She is such a joy to shoot. She loves to model. I've finally gotten into some photoshop actions. I downloaded a vintage film action and messed around with it on this photography. Click on the photo and you can find the link for the sooc version.

Canon 50D with SP AF tamron 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di-II LD @ 14mm, f/5.6, ISO 200, 1/50sec

Strobist: Yongnuo YN460 @ full power in left hand of subject pointed at the wall.

Random shot from an urbex adventure. We were exploring all the levels of this abandoned jail and found the visitation room. Once we saw it we fell in love with the room. Had to take a shot. Did a slight vintage film look to this one too. Click on the photo and you can find the link for the sooc version.

Wonderful photos posted so far! I have been really sick for a week now so I've mostly been hanging around the yard. It was the first time I was able to get a picture of a hummingbird moth.

Because everybody loves a Llama.

Denise -

Love the hummingbird moths. I remember the first time I saw those - freaked me out! Which lens did you use to capture these?

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun

Denise -

Love the hummingbird moths. I remember the first time I saw those - freaked me out! Which lens did you use to capture these?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks! I used the 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x. I really didn't need the extender on at all for this shot and wish I would have had time to remove it. I was battling a lot of late afternoon sun &amp; shade with as quickly as this thing moved about the bush! I had never seen one of these before either and when my daughter showed me a video she made of it in the yard the other day, we went online to figure out what the heck it was! I was hoping it would return for me to take a few shots!

Here is one to give you a better idea of the wing span (much larger than you would imagine)...

That hummingbird moth is amazing. Never knew they existed. Here's one more I should add:

Neighbourhood riff-raff in Canmore, Alberta
    5DII, 180 mm macro, 1/320s @ f/4, ISO 400

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.25/IMG_5F00_3305_2D00_2.JPG[/img]

I used the macro lens because it was already on the camera. I grabbed it and ran out in my bare feet to get this shot, before the bear was gone. Then we phoned fish &amp; wildlife to report it.

I admire your macro shots Jayson and makes me drool over again with a macro lens which I have been wanting for so loooooong. []

Well, I try more on portraits these days with my nifty fifty.. and experimental soft box.. XS + 50mm @ 50mm, f/3.5, 1/160sec, ISO 200, flash @ 1/64 power 2-3ft from subject..

Oppsss.. wanted to this one... processed late.. XS + 50mm @ 50mm, f/3.5, 1/160sec, ISO 200, flash @ 1/64 power 2-3ft from subject..

Thank you for viewing.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com