Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wedding Gear Recommendations Needed

Re: Wedding Gear Recommendations Needed

Thanks Very much! I will let you know how it went.

I have 2 16GB Compact Flash cards for the 7d and 2 16GB SD cards for the XSI.

So if it would be between renting a Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L or Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM or another 580EX II flash, Or buying another 16GB Compactflash which would you think would be best?

Quote Originally Posted by Elon Gane

Thanks Very much! I will let you know how it went.

I have 2 16GB Compact Flash cards for the 7d and 2 16GB SD cards for the XSI.

So if it would be between renting a Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L or Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM or another 580EX II flash, Or buying another 16GB Compactflash which would you think would be best?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I would get a backup flash for your situation, because if your 580ex goes, then you will have a problem. The flash can help with shadows outside and DOF inside. Certainly, the 35mm f/1.4L is great indoors when flash is not allowed, and a sharp prime as well, so, if I were starting from scratch, then I would probably get it, however if you are shooting a group of peopleindoors then you will have to stop down anyway to at least f/2.8,most likelygreater, in order to get everyone in focus, so you will lose some of the wide aperture benefit, so since there are financial constraints, I believe that you will have that range covered with the 17-55mm f/2.8L IS and this lens will help you frame the shot better, when those 2 extra people jump into the shot. I think flashes can burn out and you may want to rotate the flashes if one gets too hot.

Keep in mind that in an emergency, you can always use the pop-up flash on the 7D, I have a little 7D flash diffuser which was only a few bucks and it helps diffuse the flash a little.

I haven't re-read through the whole thread again, but I thought you mentioned that you have a laptop, so if you dump off some photos for backup, just check out how the pictures are coming out early on and frequently. Sometimes that small LCD screen can be misleading, while shots are really blurred. Cards are cheap, an extra one can't hurt, this way the laptop could be the backup if you don't bring a spare hard drive. Keep in mind that laptops can walk away and a card can stay in your pocket.

Have you thought about how you are going to carry all of this stuff around? I would recommend a bag with little wheels, like the airport Camera carry-on bags, one that can stand up on it's own. This way you will have everything with you and you can just wheel it behind you.

Good Luck, I think you will do fine...

Rich

Update

Everything at the Weding went well! I

Great,

When will we see some pics for C&amp;C?

Tom

Thanks, Tom! I will try to get some up as soon as I get them sorted through and edited.