Thread: Use protection to prevent STDs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Use protection to prevent STDs

I recently bought a pelican 1550. It good.

(Okay, not as detailed as John's review, but you get the idea)

There's not much not to like. The hardest part is deciding on the size.

Quote Originally Posted by <span>Iguide
    John,<span>you are a hoot. Provocative title with accurate and powerful delivery.

Thanks, Wayne!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle
    I recently bought a pelican 1550. It good.

It good, indeed! The 1550 was on my short list (along with the 1560 and 1610, until I decided to forego wheels). The 1550 is essentially the same height as the 1600, similar style. What swayed me to the 1600 over the 1550 was the extra couple of inches on each side (which I needed, as it turned out) and the fact that a lid organizer is available for the 1600, but not for the 1550.

You left out the most important fact about your 1550 - what color did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by <span>ddt0725
    Let me know if you ever come across a case that will hold two tripods, two light stands, a backdrop stand, softboxes, umbrellas a beauty dish and various misc. items!

That's easy - it's called a closet. [:P] Ok, not waterproof or very protective - but the size (and price) are just right!

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    You left out the most important fact about your 1550 - what color did you get?

Light gray. I didn't want black because I use it at night (it holds astrophotography gear) and didnt want it to get too hot during the day. I didn't know it was avaliable in bright yellow or I might have gotten that

I also considered the 1610 because of the wheels, but it wasn't quite the right shape. I have a doskocil extra large (another very nice case) and was looking for another in just about that size.

Mine is foam instead of divided, which I don't think I would recommend for lenses and more standard photography gear, but which was perfect for what I needed.