try this Bob

1, open the link you posted

2, right click on the image, copy the "direct link"

3.back to TDP forum and click the "insert media"

4. paste the "direct link" to "media URL" and click"insert"

the rest of the steps are the same.

good luck!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

One more thing---This worked with my Zenfolio account, but you have to right click and select "share photo". It will then take you to a list of links for various sizes of the photo you selected, including 800 X ? pixels.Thiseliminates the need to convert to a smaller Jpeg---Really Cool.

Thanks again JJ
    Bob

Re: Forum Issues

you are welcome Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams
    One more thing---This worked with my Zenfolio account, but you have to right click and select "share photo". It will then take you to a list of links for various sizes of the photo you selected, including 800 X ? pixels.Thiseliminates the need to convert to a smaller Jpeg---Really Cool.

that sounds very cool, I think I should get a account with Zenfolio.

BTW, that picture is really nice. i was wandering how did you get that beautiful purple color?

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

BTW, that picture is really nice. i was wandering how did you get that beautiful purple color?

Not really sure, It was early morning, winter, cold, cloudy and foggy. I couldn't get close enough for full frame shot of anything so I started looking for landscape opportunities. I was shooting with my 100-400 and white balance was set to cloudy---its just the way it worked out. BTW, I really like the compresionI get with the 100-400. I am starting to try and use it for more landscapes.
    Bob

Hi Bob,

1. I am getting duplicate responses in my email to the discusions I am monitoring. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, does Bryan already know.

I have experienced that as well the last few days, but it seems fixed now.

2. In your profile, there is an option for your personal web address, But I can't find where that is available to other users or even myself? I would gladley like that to be available to others and I would like to be able to view the sites of others without having to go through the discussion strings to find them---Am I missing something obvious?

Yes it would be nice if other people could actually see the webpage/blog/gallery you enter. This way it doesn't really make sense to write it down there. There must be some option Bryan can switch on... I think...

Would other regularforum members be willing or interested in paying a small annual fee for an enhanced membership that offersincreased storage? Is this something we should request from Bryan?

I get your point, but there are a lot of different options these days. Personally I use my own web-address and web-storage space for my pictures and link them in here, but like others mentioned Picasa, Flickr etc etc offer embedded links.

Personally I don't really see a point in paying for extra storage in here. I do like to pay for enhanced membership so I get my name in a fancy color or something [] and if it is with enlarged storage-capacity I would take that for granted []

Thanks for the thread!

Jan

Quick update for everyone: Support thinks that the cloud-based web servers are causing both the email duplication and image hosting issues. We are still working on the solution, but hopefully will have resolution soon. Thanks for your patience.

Bryan

Bob Williams; "BTW, I really like the compresionI get with the 100-400. I am starting to try and use it for more landscapes."

I don't hesitate to use mine for landscapes Bob.....in fact it's great for panos....give it a try.

Bill

Thanks for the update Bryan - Yesterday I wasn't able to see the thumbnails of my stored images, nor the images I posted in a recent thread. Today they're back and everything is working fine for me.

Thanks again - for the update, and for a GREAT site!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan

Quick update for everyone: Support thinks that the cloud-based web servers are causing both the email duplication and image hosting issues. We are still working on the solution, but hopefully will have resolution soon. Thanks for your patience.

Bryan
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Bryan,

I just want to say that your dedication to this website and all its members is extremely admirable! I have never seen an admin so caring and quick to respondto issues as you are! Thanks for making this one heck of an awesome website! [Y]

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan

Bryan

Thanks a lot! There will always be things to improve, but at this time it worked like a charm 99.9% of the time since I registered here more than a year ago. Good job! Thanks for all the info and for the forums.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by canoli
    Today they're back and everything is working fine for me.

wee-wah [] - pictures not showing up in the threads anymore... could be something on my end but I don't think so...