Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Issues

Re: Forum Issues

No - The problem is still mine.

Support and I think we know how to fix the problem. New, non-cloud-based hosting has just been setup and I'll begin transitioning the site ASAP.

Note that the database must move with the site, so I'll ask you to "read-only" for the time it takes to download and upload the huge file (as any new posts would be lost during that period of time).

Again - Sorry for the problems. I think the end of them is in sight. []

Ah, thanks Bryan - wasn't sure because I had a few problems of my own here recently...

Hi Bob,

@1 I have the same and if I make a respond to a topic who I am monitoring. I get a mail that I have respond to the topic. Is it not possible that I get only a mail when somebody else is responding?

@2 I have put there my Flickr URL, but nobody, not even me, can't find it in the public profile.

And I want to say, this is a great site. I am also on some Dutch photo sites, but here you get real answers and great responds to 'dumb' questions. And I love the reviews of Bryan. Keep on going!

The forum site is now up on the yet-another-new server and appears to be working fine for me. Images are now appearing properly - and I have not received any duplicate emails in the short time the new server has been running the site.

DNS changes take up to 72 hours to replicate, so you may not see these two problems resolved immediately, but they *should* be resolved.

I again looked for a way to show your URL in your profile, but alas, it does not appear to exist. I hope to move us on to the next version of the forum software at some point - hopefully that version will enable this feature. In the mean time,simply add it to your Bio.

Thanks again for your patience - and for all of the great posts. I get many compliments on the help you provide and the courteousness you show!

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan
    I again looked for a way to show your URL in your profile, but alas, it does not appear to exist. I hope to move us on to the next version of the forum software at some point - hopefully that version will enable this feature. In the mean time,simply add it to your Bio.

Thanks for checking again, will try your suggestion soon when my own webpage is moved to a new host...also takes some time [A]

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan
    Thanks again for your patience - and for all of the great posts. I get many compliments on the help you provide and the courteousness you show!

Thank you! I really love the family feel we have, good and heavy discussions from time to time, but always in a friendly manner. This is definitely my favorite site since I started looking out for camera/gear [A]

Thanks a lot [Y]

Jan

Way to go Bryan--The forum is back up. I thought I was going to suffer withdrawl symptoms when I got home today checked the forum and got "HTTP 503 Error"Eeeeek.

Anyway, Bryan to the Rescue and now all is well in TDP land.

Thanks Bryan
    Bob

Hey Bryan, I made an account before using the same user name and posted on the site a question I had regarding wireless flash (i.e. not spam). Then, about a week later, I couldn't log in anymore because my account had been deleted. Is it just the site being wacky?

Great website by the way, very informative!

Last week (or so), Bryan's hosting company decided to migrate from one server to another, providing no notice. When the site came back up a while later, it was from a 6 day old backup, which prompted Bryan to move to a new host. You likely signed up somewhere in the missing 6 days.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

For what it's worth...I receive duplicate mail again.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

For what it's worth...I receive duplicate mail again.

Jan
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Me too.

Tom