Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightning over Pine Key, FL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightning over Pine Key, FL

Hello everyone!

This would in fact be my first post here. I'm really happy to see a forum here on this site since I visit it daily even without it. I am still new to photography as I just started about two years ago. I have found it difficult to move forward in this profession due to the cost of the equipment and I come from a rather poor family. This current photo seems to be everyone's favorite and I happen to like it as well. However there's something missing that I cannot put my finger on. This was shot with a 350D and Sigma 28-70 so there is some softness on the edges and barrel distortion is present. As for the rest of the specs: f/8, 25sec, ISO 200, 28mm

I hope to get some good opinions and look forward to reading more posts here as more and more people learn about this forum. I know I have spread the word. Thanks!!

Rick

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.76/IMG_5F00_WU_A900_WLPR.jpg[/img]

Re: Lightning over Pine Key, FL

great foto!

I have to say that photo is one of the best lightning related photos I've seen. That was one heck-uf-a bolt!

Rick (another one)

Very nice shot, keep up the good work.

That's an awesome shot Rick!

I don't have much advice for you. You could try increasing the saturation to see if that gives you the change you are looking for.

Wow! Nice shot. Obviously not hand held or you would have jumped!

Not knowing if you have Photoshop or have played with software like Topaz Labs "Adjust" product, you may want to try their product on your photo. That pic really has a lot of possibility for software like the "Adjust" product. If you have Photoshop, you can download a fully functional free trial from here:

Topaz Labs Adjust

Rick

great pic...how in lords name can you identify barrel distortion and sof edges on that shot...stop pixel counting so much and enjoy the result would be my only advise

Hi Bryan,

I wanted to thank you for both the comment left and the advice from my e-mail about the 5D2 and 1Ds2. Sorry for the late reply and post as I was without a computer this weekend. Doesn't look like I will be able to pick up either body. Just doesn't seem like I'll ever catch a break. I'm sure I'll talk to you later!!

Rick

I've always wanted to try shooting lightning, but have never gotten around to it. Great shot!