Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lighthouses

Lighthouses

Hey All,

I am an RA at a college and I am working on decorating my dorm floor the next week or so. I have decided that I want to make the name tags of the doors be a picture of a lighthouse in a storm, but I don't have any to work with. This is where I was hoping you might be able to help; if any of you have a picture that fits and you would be willing to give to me for the purpose (I promise I will not use it elsewhere if you are concerned) I would really appreciate the help. I would be especially interested if you had the same light house on a calm day. Anyway, if anyone is able to help I would love to see the pictures here on the thread.

Thanks,

Samuel

Re: Storm Photos

I don't have any, but if it were me, I would check flickr and the microstock web sites (e.g. istockphoto).

The same counts for me, I wish I had them and then I would have been honored to send them to you.

Good luck with your search,

Jan

I have a couple.

Ehcalum I would love to see the photos. I have not found too much on the internet and the ones that I have found are microstock and I have little reason to spend $20-30 on these images.

Bodie Island Lighthouse, NC.

Hello

I don't want to turn this into a lighthouse thread (maybe it is already), but here are some shots from a lighthouse in the southern Norway. They are unfortunately not from stormy days, but there is a storm coming up on the first two. C and C is of course welcome.

Lars

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.80/Herfindal14.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.80/Herfindal15.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.80/Herfindal01.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.80/Herfindal09.jpg[/img]

There seems to be an issue with pictures. I uploaded four pictures, and they showed nicely on the preview, but now they are gone. There is also a problem with "my album". I will have to try again tomorrow, its getting late.

Hey Lars,

I would love to see the images, but unfortunantly right now they are not visible to me. Hope you can fix this.

Also Ehcalum I think I would really like to have the lighthouse at sunset. That one will work well for me. If you are willing to email it to me then just sent me a personal note on here and I will give you the appropriate information.

Samuel

Brilliant, it's working again, at least on my computer. See my previous post. And again, I'll be glad for any C&C, particular on color saturation, contrast and light. I know this is dependent on screens, but still.

Lars