Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 5D MARK II

Canon EOS 5D MARK II

Im sure a new version is now very close, Amazon.co.uk is not stocking and a lot of camera shops have very reduced stock, anyone heard anything as I need to buy a new body ???

Re: Canon EOS 5D MARK II

I say go for it. [] Sean says it best: Don't worry about what's down the pipe - Purchase the best camera you can buy today.

I'm picking mine up tonight - Looking forward to it. []

Agreed. I was so hesitant about spending money on my 7D because I don't necessarily have a lot of it lying around, but since I made the jump, 0 regrets!

don't expect it soon. i'd be happy if a new and better version came out, but it definitely will not be here until a year after the 1DS MK IV.

Be aware that the 5D II came three full years after the 5D, so if they keep the same routine, and I think they will, you've got another year to go.

Haven'tthey already made their big 'pro'-levelannouncementsfor this year already?

Quote Originally Posted by nickds7

Haven'tthey already made their big 'pro'-levelannouncementsfor this year already?

I don't think so. My guess is that they will launch the 1Ds4 around the time of photokina in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    I don't think so. My guess is that they will launch the 1Ds4 around the time of photokina in September.

I agree. That seems to make the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by alexniedra
    I say go for it. [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] Sean says it best: Don't worry about what's down the pipe - Purchase the best camera you can buy today.

Amen. If you have a use for it now, get it now. When, and someday it will, a 5D Mark III comes out there are two sure bets:
    1. There will be a price increase.
    2. There will be a short supply, preorders will be most likely required at the new price.

Given the quality of the 5D Mark II, it will hold it's value. The original 5D's still command a decent resale value. When you put a value in the images you get between now and when the 5D III comes your way, you are at least even. And you get to use another great body. []

Quote Originally Posted by alexniedra
    I'm picking mine up tonight - Looking forward to it. [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Congratulations, Alexniedra! [Y][Y]

Chris

My main concern is my 5d is on its last legs, its taken a real beating over the years.

I back up with a 50d, I have a selection of Primes and 2 zooms a 17-55 2.8 EFS and a 70-200 2.8 is mk11.

I mainly shoot weddings and some event stuff and some equestrian work, I recently used a 7d and was really happy with the auto focus and a few other features.

I cant decide if I should go to the 5d mk11, or buy a 7d and wait for the new model of the 5d ???

How many of you really rate the 5d mk11 ??