Thread: need some help again

need some help again

i noticed recently that in some of my pictures -the ones with the blue sky at 17mm - i can see some spots ,but not always. i think it depends of my position and the Sun's position.if i zoom in from 17 to 50 ,the spots are getting bigger but -i don't know how to say it- more transparent!!

i looked at the sensor in good light and i can't see a thing , i looked thru the lens in bright light and blue sky but i still can't see anything

my question is; is it the sensor or the lens? can it be fungus inside the lens? if is the sensor, is not supposed to be the same size every time?i mean the spots.

i really don't know what to do or think about this and it drives me crazy

thank you guys for any help

Re: need some help again

Post a picture.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.26/IMG_5F00_4211.JPG[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.26/IMG_5F00_4204.JPG[/img]

in the firs picture the spots are clearly visible and in the secon one are harder to see.you have to believe me that i can see them but maybe because i know where to look for them.i use a hoya UV filter but is clean , everithing seems in order but when i shoot at 17mm i get this.

i have a canon 40D and 17-85mm lens

The dust on the sensor is more pronounced when shooting at higher aperture, maybe that's why sometimes you see it and sometimes you don't. But that's easily correctable in PS on images you already took.

Try using a blower on the sensor, it helps 90% of the time.

i took the same picture with clear blue sky at f4, f8 and f16.the only spots i can see are in the one at f16. i looked at the sensor again, it seems clean, the lens also.it drives me crazy, because i don't know if it is the sensor or the lens.

adrian

Where are the pictures? I don't see them, maybe post again. Anyhow, Bryan has a good article about how to check for dust on your sensor and how to clean it if there is any - read it if you haven't already.

ok, i have read what brian said in his article, and now i know that i have dust on my sensor, my spots look exactly like the ones in Brian's pictures. using a blower i removed one of them ,i have no ideea why only one. i will look for a sensor cleaning pen in one of the stores.

thank you all

adrian