Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming trip

Upcoming trip

What would be the most useful/practical lens at Disney World for a family vacation?

1) 24-105 f/4L IS

2) 100 f/2.8L IS Macro

3) 70-200 f/2.8L IS

4) 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS (available soon and assuming IQ is very good)

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Upcoming trip

If you're only bringing 1 Lens, then it has to be the 24-105 f/4L IS to cover wide to telephoto. It's a great walk-around outdoor lens, which is exactly what you will be doing at Disney World.

Rich

24-105mm gets my vote, even though I no longer own the lens (went 16-35 this time due to limited availability of the 24-105) the keeper ratio is high and versatility per pound excellent. Have fun & do report back!

-Shea

1) 24-105 f/4L IS

Of your lens this one is the only one with the size and with enough zoom to accomplish your goals.

Godspeed

Wayne

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

24-105 for me...great lens

Hi Tom:

Here's a wish you and your family to have an absolutely safe and fabulous family vacation.

Godspeed:

Wayne

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Just spent a few days at Disney last month. The 24-105 and my 5D II were the perfect combination.

Hi Tom,

Given those choices, no question - the 24-105mm f/4L IS.

I'm facing a similar but less restrictive choice soon, myself - a trip to Storyland in New Hampshire (theme park for toddlers, primarily) andand some other nearby locations. I definitely want to take more than one lens, so I'm looking at a Lowepro Primus AW for the trip (I have a Flipside 400AW which is about the same size, but holds only camera gear - the Primus is a two-compartment backpack, so I can carry other items like snacks, raincoats, etc.). I should be able to fit my gripped 7D, 17-55mm (I want wider than 24mm for my general purpose lens), 10-22mm for scenic mountain shots, and either the 70-200mm f/2.8 II or the 100-400mm, not sure which yet.

But for a one-lens trip, the 24-105mm is ideal - that's a lens I usually take on day-trips with my 2.5 year old daughter (sometimes the only one).

Have a great trip!

--John

Yep, Definitely, The 24-105

Bob
    Bob

24-105 is the choice however I won't hesitate to pick the 70-300 since it's new and your feet can cover part of the 24-70 range.