Thread: Uploading Picture Problems

Uploading Picture Problems

This weekend I tried to upload pictures to the site for the first time.

I have resized the pictures made the files smaller and what I get is the little ? sign on the pixture that I tried to upload from my Mac and the little X picture when I uploaded from the PC.

I thought maybe the pictures I uploaded were not formatted correctly. So I downloaded several pictures others had posted on the site and tried to upload them tomy account. (thinking that if someone else had uploaded the pictures I should be able to upload their pictures). Same results with these pics.

No luck. Any suggestions?

Re: Uploading Picture Problems

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.47.36/view.jpg[/img]

That's wierd, I got the same problem uploading directly from my computer. Usually, when I upload pics to the site, I upload from my Flikr.

If you have one, what you do is you click the "Share this" tab of a picture you've selected off Flikr, select "get html code", select the proper size, copy the code, and then paste it in the box that comes up when you click the HTML button on the reply screen of this site.

Hope this helps,

Bogdan

Alan

I'm still not able to upload pictures, either. All my previous images are blank, too. I deleted them all, then tried reloading.

Zippo....

I couldn't upload any pictures from my computer but was able to upload pictures from other wed hosting site with direct link. I only uploaded one picture at a time, somebody has reported that they couldn't upload more than one pictures at a time, something is wrong.

FYI, there is a problem with image hosting on TDP at the present time. Bryan is aware of the problemand working on it, and points out that images for this site are hosted on Amazon servers, and the problem is that links from the forum server to the Amazon S3 image server are timing out.

The workaround is to host the images elsewhere (Flickr, etc.).