Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Canon 1D Mk III ! Anyone

WTB: Canon 1D Mk III ! Anyone

Hello everyone.

I am finally deciding to upgrade and I am looking for a used 1D Mk III. I dont care how many actuations there are on the camera. I am willing to pay around 1700 to 2200 for one. Let me know if you are willing to sell one and we can set a price. Thanks

Re: WTB: Canon 1D Mk III ! Anyone

Thanks everyone! i will certainly look there. I have looked all over ebay and am looking here now because i wanted to find a more trusted member of the forum to sell it. But these look good. I am really stuck on the 1DMK III or 7D right now to be honest but if a good deal comes up on a MK III i will probably take it. If you have any thoughts on this debate please let me know. I am upgrading from an XT so anything will be an upgrade but i want something that will not be too out of date in a few years and has great Dynamic Range. As far as dynamic range goes does anyone know which camera does well? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mpphoto12
    As far as dynamic range goes does anyone know which camera does well?

According toDxOMark the 7D and the 1D III have the same dynamic range (11.7 Evs). The 1D III however sports 26% better ISO performance.

See for yourself here

As far as dynamic range goes does anyone know which camera does well?

According toDxOMark the 7D and the 1D III have the same dynamic range (11.7 Evs). The 1D III however sports 26% better ISO performance.

See for yourself here

Mark, Thanks alot this site really gives the information very straight forward and easy to read fast. looks like its worth getting the Mark III for the same price.

On a side note: quick question, can i use a cropped lens for a 1.3x body liek the MK III? like lets say a sigma or tokina 12-24 f/4?

Thanks everyone that helps alot! if anyone else has one for sale let me know . thanks

On a side note: quick question, can i use a cropped lens for a 1.3x body liek the MK III? like lets say a sigma or tokina 12-24 f/4?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I am going to assume that you are referring to EF-S lenses and the answer is NO. EF-S lenses can only be used with APS-C (1.6x) sensor-sized cameras.

The APS-H sensor-sized (1D series) models can only use EF lenses.

Check the specifications for the lens(es) you're interested in. As Chris stated, Canon EF-S lenses will not work on a 1D body. But it varies for 3rd party lenses with Canon mounts. For example, the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens works only on APS-C cameras, so not on an APS-H sensor like the 1D series. However, the Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 works on full frame, APS-H, and APS-C bodies.

Ok thank you that makes perfect sense now. Now im faced with a problem because if i upgrade to this camera i will not have any wide angle lens. i will most likely either get a 50 1.4 or a used 28-135 IS just to hold me over. Any thoughts ?