Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunrises - What combo should I use? Follow-up - My photos have spots!

Re: Sunrises - What combo should I use?

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Boy, I wish I could say I took these while on a cruise but unfortunately they were taken 5 mins. from my house!

I wish I could find scenery this nice 5 minutes from my house. South Texas is mostly just flat and ugly.

I'm with you on that one! It looks pretty beautiful Denise! So much space! I guess my advice for a wide-angle is solid advice for where I live, but your spot has this massive space! Really cool! Definitely worth it. And to be honest I think I like some clouds in a sky, instead of a whole clear sky.

<div>

Well, this did not have the makin's for a good sunrise photo shoot to start with! To bed at 1 a.m. &amp;up @ 5 a.m.

Exactly the problem I encountered last saturdaymorning [:P]

<div>

#3 - If your going to use a 400mm lens, wake up enough to know if you have it extended to 400mm before you take the shots! DUH!

Haha well I guess everybody makes that mistake from time to time [A]Do you even remember how you got to the location?...sleep<s>walking</s>driving[:P]
    </div>

</div>

Oh and I guess a ND filter wouldn't have made a good slow shutter-speed shot here, since there's so much space. At least I'm not seeing the potential.

By the way have fun on the cruise Mark []

Jan

Great shots, Denise! I like #3 best as well, the birds add some additional interest. A few clouds in a sunrise/sunset shot are better than a clear sky, IMO.

Thanks, John This one would have been a keeper BUT what are those little circles on the lower right side above the water!!?? [] I noticed it on a number of the lighter shots ...that's why mostly the darker ones ended up as keepers!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_0013.JPG[/img]

This one I can even see the dirty spots at the top [:'(]...

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_0084.JPG[/img]