Thread: Canon 1D V Canon 7D - The outcome!

Canon 1D V Canon 7D - The outcome!

Many thanks to everyone who gave meadvice regarding my dilemma.

There was a lot of posts saying to get the 7D, and then with the spare cashupgrade my Lens (Canon 300L F4).

Well yesterdayI purchased a second-hand Canon 500L F4, and have decided to stick with my 40D camera for the meantime.

Look out for posts soon about what Gimbal head / tripod combinationworks best!

thanks again,

John.

Re: Canon 1D V Canon 7D - The outcome!

Let us see some pics taken with it when you have a chance....[]

John.

I cannot work out how to upload photos to the forum. However, I have managed to put some photos whichI took today (first day with the new lens) on my profile, under 'your files'. Perhaps this is what I am supposed to do!

Out of interset the photos are of a common Buzzard, House Sparrow (bet you knew that one)!, and several chiffchaffs which are obviously feeding up before heading south. Also there is a shot of a Comma butterfly.

regards,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by John Howell

Many thanks to everyone who gave meadvice regarding my dilemma.

There was a lot of posts saying to get the 7D, and then with the spare cashupgrade my Lens (Canon 300L F4).

Well yesterdayI purchased a second-hand Canon 500L F4, and have decided to stick with my 40D camera for the meantime.

Look out for posts soon about what Gimbal head / tripod combinationworks best!

thanks again,

John.

I think you made the best choice

When I got my 500L I got the Gitzo GT5541 with a Wimberly WH200. It set me back $1620 and its not the cheapest way to go, but it works great

John,

Looks like your new lens focuses fine and the images are good....you'll want to work on getting your subjects in positions with less distracting background and you will ultimately probably want to get closer but your off to the races now with 500mm lens....cool!! Congrats!!

Joel

OMG, John, I couldn't believe but you just made the best choice IMO. congratulations!

after looking at your pictures I think this 500mm baby is sharp and focus well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    .you'll want to work on getting your subjects in positions with less distracting background and you will ultimately probably want to get closer but your off to the races now with 500mm lens....cool!!

I agree with Joel and willing to see more of your shots.

House Sparrow (bet you knew that one)!

You bet right![]

I have managed to put some photos whichI took today (first day with the new lens) on my profile, under 'your files'. Perhaps this is what I am supposed to do!

Thats part of it, when you make a post there is a film strip icon with the rest of the tools next too the smiley icon. Click it, select" Upload or select file...", select one of your pictures, click OK and your done.

Ijust couldn't resist!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/_5F00_MG_5F00_7774.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

John.