Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Morning Photos - C&C Welcomed

Re: Early Morning Photos - C&C Welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Love the shots Denise. I'm a big fan of the silhouettes. They remind me of a couple shots I shot a while back. If I were to C&C I'd just offer up the suggestion to get lower (if possible) on the fisherman shots to get some sky in them.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thank you so much, Keith! You are right, it would have looked better with the sky in the photo. I had my tripod set up on the asphalt bike path on the hill above for the sunrise shots but you have given me thoughts for next time ...hopefully, a fisherman will be there and I'll still be able to remain inconspicuous!

Denise

Thank you so much guys for your c &amp; c! It really means a great deal to me to hear comments and advice from people who's work I highly respect and admire.

I was not pleased with a lot of the shots because there were no clouds and the boats &amp; birdsweren't where I wanted them to be for a better composition. But I guess that is whatwill get me back there again! I am starting to feel like Bob and his hb's ...I'm not giving up until I get it just right! [:P]

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I was not pleased with a lot of the shots because there were no clouds and the boats &amp; birdsweren't where I wanted them to be for a better composition.

Well, if you can't get what you want naturally ...create it! [:P] Thanks to my daughter, Kellie for her postprocessing; I now have the boat &amp; bird right where I want them!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Love the shots Denise. I'm a big fan of the silhouettes. They remind me of a couple shots I shot a while back. If I were to C&amp;C I'd just offer up the suggestion to get lower (if possible) on the fisherman shots to get some sky in them.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thank you so much, Keith! You are right, it would have looked better with the sky in the photo.

Adding actual sky to those photosmay work, but the lack of sky contributes towhat I really like about #1. The water almost looks likethe sky.It is somewhat like an impressionist/post-impressionist painting. Including sky would change the angle to the water and you might lose the effect. My only comment is that slightly blurring the fisherman might actually make the photo look even more like an impressionist painting.Or if there was a 3rd subject in focus (boat?) with the fisherman/water out of focus. But I am not sure that would be better, it is just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72
    My only comment is that slightly blurring the fisherman might actually make the photo look even more like an impressionist painting.

I do actually have a photo where the fisherman is casting the line so the fishing rod has slight blurred motion. Wasn't sure if it was a good or bad addition to the photo. I am at work now but will post it tonight and would appreciate your opinion of it.

Thanks Much!

Denise