Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please critique this picture

Re: Please critique this picture

Quote Originally Posted by nickds7

I'd probably use closer to f/16-f/22... I like the photo though

Maine isa very nice place from what I have seen/heard!

ps, also noticed a little sensor dust near the top right of the boats mast(?) on the left
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Why f/16-22?

I see what you mean about the possible sensor dust. I've looked for the spot in later photos of the sky but can't see it. Maybe it got vibrated away when I turned the camera off.

Maine is very nice. We stayed near Acadia National Park.Wetook part in the Canon Photography in the Park Workshop our first day

Alan

I like the scene, too.

Being a darkened background, if you were hoping to get it in sharp clarity, it wouldn't show up much, anyway. Diffraction would have wiped out any benefit, regardless.

I would have stuck to f/8, since the scene doesn't need much clarity beyond the boats.

Or, do a focus stack with the foreground and background, then you'd have the far boats and the foreground showing sharper focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan

Or, do a focus stack with the foreground and background, then you'd have the far boats and the foreground showing sharper focus.

This is the first I've heard of "focus stacking." I did a Google search and found that one can use the Enfuse Lightroom plugin todo this. I'm looking forward to trying it.