Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon's Picture Style "Clear" - Opinions Please

Re: Canon's Picture Style "Clear" - Opinions Please

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy

Holiday Snap shots using Canon Picture Styles

Back Yard Swimming Pool Kuala Lumpur

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.34.07/1.jpg[/img]

Pangkor Island

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.34.07/Sunset-Pankor-Island.jpg[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    Very nice photos! I really like the 2nd one!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    using "Standard" as the Picture Style...pretty BLAH!

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I thought I would try one of the Picture Styles I downloaded from Canon's Website so I chose "Clear". What are your thoughts, do you like the effect?

I like the effect and it's a big improvement over the original. I like it much better this way. By the way you did manage to use the rule of thirds prett good I see []

Anyway I also tried out some of the picture styles when I started out. I liked them on the website, but I didn't get good results. Perhaps in a few cases, but it was no absolute science. I don't use them anymore and I think I'm able to pull this effect (or close to it) myself with post processing so for me it isn't worth it.

HOWEVER: 1 question remains... I think I saw Canon picture style editor being mentioned once? Is it so that you could download some of these presets to your camera? If so it could be a very welcome feature for filming? [8-|] I use my own picture style for filming with just a little bit more contrast and some other minor changes, but if there would be a pre-set that would satisfy your needs, it would save you a lot of post-processing. And with video that's not a side which I have mastered yet.

Thanks for showing Denise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    I think I saw Canon picture style editor being mentioned once? Is it so that you could download some of these presets to your camera?

You can put up to three custom Picture Styles on your camera - you do that with EOS Utility. Those can either be custom styles that you download from Canon (like Clear, Twilight, etc.), or you can use the Picture Style Editor to create new custom styles for yourself. You can make edits to the default styles directly in your camera, but I would think it's easier to do it on your computer (and you have many more editing options, too).

Sounds pretty cool. If I'm thinking of doing more video I will take a look at it. But it sounds promising. []