Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: *** Forum Software Upgrade in Progress ***

Re: *** Forum Software Upgrade in Progress ***

Bryan,

Scroll-space on any screen is a premium.

I think there is way too much wasted space between posts. I will think of each segment of each post as the "blueback posted by", the "white post body", and the " grey post/cancel" area, and then there is the last item. the "inbetween post" area. The four are very separate in spacing. I have four recommendations.

1st. Decrease the "blueback posted by" section height by 4-6 pixels and increase the font by 1-2 points, or make it bold.

2nd. Decrease the"white post body" section of the first and last carriage returns in the post body. It does not require 2 lines of white space at the top and bottom of each body post.

3rd. Decrease the"grey post/cancel" section height by 4-6 pixels.

4th. Decrease the "inbetween post" sectionheightby 4-6 pixels.

This would yield a much leaner and meaner scrollable site, and much easier to read.

2 pennies

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Safari is behaving just fine today. Hopefully whatever problem was occurring is all gone...
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

For what it's worth. I'm using IE now, since I absolutely cannot post in Safari. Evertime I write a reply and try to post it I get an error. This one to be exact.I also get signed out immediately at that point.

I found out that it only happens when I try to use the rich formatting reply. In the fast reply everythings works like it should in safari.

In IE I have no trouble at all onto this point.

Jan

That's what I was getting, Jan, and after that I needed to sign in to the site again to retry. But it's all better now for me, although I didn't do anything different that I know of...

I do still have the issue with the weird html code in the Tags area below (in the rich formatting editor) resulting in an extremely wide frame, but I can live with it.

That's what I was getting, Jan, and after that I needed to sign in to the site again to retry. But it's all better now for me, although I didn't do anything different that I know of...

Well, I use IE now, because it really annoyed me. But I'm hoping Safari will work better soon.

I do still have the issue with the weird html code in the Tags area below (in the rich formatting editor) resulting in an extremely wide frame, but I can live with it.

I don't see them. Not in Safari or IE.

By the way. What's the max image width now? It re-sizes automatically no matter what size of picture you use?

And you said you got a horizontal scrollbar? Haven't seen that one with your test-images. I have a 24" screen (using 1900*1200p)if that might be of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    By the way. What's the max image width now? It re-sizes automatically no matter what size of picture you use?

Max width is just a few pixels over 800, and yes the forum now automatically resizes larger images instead of cropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    And you said you got a horizontal scrollbar? Haven't seen that one with your test-images.

It's not on the images that show up in a post, because those get resized. But if you insert a large image when you are composing a post, it shows up at full size - so if you insert an image that's wider than the frame width (which seems to be 1150 pixels wide), you'll get the horizontal scroll bar in the frame. Your wider monitor shouldn't make a difference - at least for me, when I make this window wider all that happens is the gray areas on the sides of this frame I'm typing in get wider, but the frame stays at 1150 pixels, even if I stretch the window across the full 3600 pixels of my dual monitor setup.

Ah ok I get it [Y]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston

I've found one issue. If you click on 'latest post', then at the bottom of the page, click on page 1, it remains on the last page (judging by the URL it's attempting to show page 1 of the last post, rather than page 1 of the thread (p vs. t in the URL). Clicking on page 1 for a second time works.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I have been told that this known bug will be fixed in the next version update. []

Who

Another one: In the forums homepage. The site-activity tab at the bottom of the page shows links that are all dead.

Positive thing...no 503 errors so far

I added a "User Files Links" Widget to the profile page - your files should now be accessible.

Sheiky - I