Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critique Please: Logo from photos

Critique Please: Logo from photos

Hey all,

I'm looking for some criticism on this new website header or logo design. Be honest please!

I wanted it to show that I shoot portraits, action, and weddings even.

Thanks so much.

Rodger

Re: Critique Please: Logo from photos

I think it

I think it

You really have to stare at the letters to understand the specialties of your photography. I like the idea, but the only two subjects that really stand out to me are the portraits along the left side. Maybe if you tried letters that were a bit thicker it would allow more of the photos to be visible?

Rodger it is conceptually cool! I did have to study it for a few moments to grasp it

Thank you so much for the feedback! I

I love the idea! Brilliant!

I like the portrait on the top left and the skaters on the right. The "ley" part is unclear to me. The "pho"part is great untill the "HO" . It's blown out just a bit too much especially on the O.

The rest looks good. Your idea is really cool[Y]

Jan

I agree with what has been said.

Maybe try letters that are Closer together, or putting a dark border around them so that the blown out parts can be more visible.

I think I might crop the one of the skater and wedding party a bit closer to the letter size. Using my imagination I can surmise what was going on in those shots, but seeing more of the skateboard in the top shot and having more in the relatively blank letters of L and Y.

Just my 2 cents.

It really is a great Idea. I hope it all comes together for you.

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Hey Rodger,

I love this! My suggestion would be to make the first "R" in your name darker, as well as the "O, B" in your last name and the "P, H, T in Photo.

The way it is now; the D, G, L, E, Y stands out the most. I would darken the first letters in each word and the consonants and keep the vowels a little lighter. When people read we tend to focus more on the beginning and middle of the word and then our brain fills in the missing information.

I know you may be limited in doing this, but see if it's possible. If you can't make the first, or more important letters in the words darker entirely, then consider making the left side of the letter stand out, since we read from left to right, this way it will give our brains a little jump start in deciphering your company name better.

For example, the man, encompassing the letters R, O, in Rodger and the O, B in Obley is in the black and white plaid shirt is facing to the left. If you have a another photo with the person facing towards the right in a dark shirt, or a photo with the darker part of the photo images originating from the left side of the more important letters, then I believe that it would make your name stand out more. Same thing with the word Photo.

I certainly like the darkening of the background suggestion too which seems much easier, and essentially that should have the same effect of making the lighter letters darker, which in this case happens to be the first letters and last letters in your words. So, you will have to see which way looks better and it will really depend on the background of your Website or Business cards as well.

If you have a darker background, then your current rendition above would probably work well. If you have a lighter background, then consider my suggestions.

Rich

I've reworked the design. Left some things the same, changed others. Thank you all so much for your critiques!

Let me know what you think : )