Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which zoom?

Re: which zoom?

would it be better to get the 35mm f1.4 than the 24-70 f2.8?

Quote Originally Posted by cxr

would it be better to get the 35mm f1.4 than the 24-70 f2.8?

Should I eat an apple or a pear? [8-)]

I find that my 50mm has taken the place of my 24-70. So I'd suggest the 16-35. I am really impressed with IQ on the wide end. At 35 it is very good but the middle is a little soft.

The 35L is a great lens but I prefer a 50 over it. 35 is great for wide scenic portraits in tighter areas but if you try to get tighter subject shots you get distorted features.

thank you for your replies guys...still can

for a walk around lens, you will want the 24-70. Anything wider than 24 on fullframe is way to wide. you get a great set of options in its zoom. If it helps, think about it this way, dont worry about quality of the glass, just focus on what you want to shoot as for walk around. with 24-70 you can give yourself a tighter crop, or loosen it up a little. the 16-35 is just to loose for walk around. Even if was to go to a festival i

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    Should I eat an apple or a pear? [img]/emoticons/emotion-43.gif[/img]

Definately an apple. Honestly you'd be mad to go with the pear. In fact I can't believe you even considered it. I used tothink ofyou asan informative member of these forums John but I've lost all faith in your ability to think rationally since this statement. A pear... my god, what is the world coming to. I blame snuggies.

[]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30