Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your B&H Wish list

What's on your B&H Wish list

I was scanning my B&H wishlist and just couldn't help but wonder: Whats on your wish list? I have mine broken in to two groups; My "Fantasy" wish list and my "get when you can" wish list. Please tell me I am not the only one who does this [^o)].

My Fantasy wish list: 1DMKIV, 600L (Cause I really want to do more Bird and wildlife stuff)

Get it when you can list: 135L, Vivitar 285HVflash, another pocket wizard, 1.4 extender and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff like CF cards, batteries, light stands, another pelican case, etc.

I just couldn't help but wonder where your priorites are---

Bob

Bob

Re: What's on your B&H Wish list

I have the same sickness too:

Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Autofocus Lens more info

PocketWizard MiniTT1 Radio Slave Transmitter for Canon E-TTL II System more info

PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver Radio Slave for Canon E-TTL II System more info

Sekonic Digital Radio Transmitter Module for L-358, L-608 and L-558 Meters - ... more info

Quantum Instruments Battery Pack - Turbo Battery (325v) with 110/120 Charger more info

Quantum Instruments Qflash TRIO QF8C TTL Shoe Mount Flash for Canon E-TTL II more info

Mark
    Mark

LOL! I haven't shopped in awhile and I was actually afraid to look to see what I still had saved in my wishlist from months ago! When I read your post, I thought ..Oh goodness, I wonder what I still have in there!?

It ended up not being to bad! I have mine divided up into Lenses, Lighting, Bags, & Misc. and all I had in there was a number of Singh-Ray filters! But then again ...a few of those and your up to the $ value of a pretty good lens! Guess that's why they are still sitting on my wishlist!

Denise

[]I have been thinking getting a macro lens, either Canon 180mmL or sigma 180mm, but I hope canon will announce a new longer macro with IS (will it be 200mm 4.0L IS macro?)soon

I like to shoot bird, so a 1D body and a 500mm or 600mm are definitely on my wish list.

I want to learn how to use flash and all the lighting stuff. but since I am too lazy( I kind hate setting things up), and too busy, so I don't see it happening in the near future

I wish I have time to take a Photoshop course.

I'm hoping Canon will have a FF Rebel with shorter shutter lag, also the 400mm 5.6 IS, 500mm or 600mm 5.6(of course with reasonable price)

any zoom? If I have to have one more zoom, it's going to be the 16-35 or EF-S17-50

tilted or fish eye?, I'v no idea about these lenses

wait, there are Zeiss lenses, hmmmmm, I think I want to at least own one of them[]

Gitzo 3541LS Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs and Wimberly II Gimbal Head

I don
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

I have the same sickness too:

Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Autofocus Lens more info

PocketWizard MiniTT1 Radio Slave Transmitter for Canon E-TTL II System more info

PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver Radio Slave for Canon E-TTL II System more info

Sekonic Digital Radio Transmitter Module for L-358, L-608 and L-558 Meters - ... more info

Quantum Instruments Battery Pack - Turbo Battery (325v) with 110/120 Charger more info

Quantum Instruments Qflash TRIO QF8C TTL Shoe Mount Flash for Canon E-TTL II more info

Mark
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Sounds like a studio or wedding rig upgrade is in the making []
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen

Gitzo 3541LS Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs and Wimberly II Gimbal Head
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

You must be a birder and need someplace to park that big lens.---

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams
    Whats on your wish list?...Please tell me I am not the only one who does this

My wishlists are entirely cerebral, not stored online anywhere. I don't know if that's better or worse[8-)], but like you I have a 'fantasy' list and a 'get when possible' list.

It's relatively short, since a lot of the little stuff (CF cards, cases, etc.) just get bought when the mood strikes - the only current items on my mental 'reality' wishlist are the 35mm f/1.4L, the 135mm f/2L, and the 5DII. The 500mm f/4L IS is on my 'fantasy' list. Now, that's current products. If you want the full list, that will include some not-yet-released and some not-even-announced products. In order, the reality list looks something like:
    1. 5DIII
    2. 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS
    3. 35mm f/1.4L
    4. 135mm f/2L
    5. 5DII

The 5DII is on there because of an upcoming trip to China that will offer mostly portrait and landscape opportunities; I was planning to hold out for the 5DIII, but I'm considering caving and getting the 5DII, then selling it once a successor is released. The trip might move it up in the priority list (and I have sufficient cash in my 'gear fund' to get it today)...

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    wait, there are Zeiss lenses, hmmmmm, I think I want to at least own one of them

Hmmmm...I'm not big into manual focus, but I am big into Zeiss. By a rough estimate, over the last 5 years I've spent around $1.5 million dollars(corporate money, of course)on Zeiss microscopes. You'd think they could at least give me a21mm f/2.8 Distagon T* ZE as a 'thank you' gift, right??

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    Hmmmm...I'm not big into manual focus, but I am big into Zeiss. By a rough estimate, over the last 5 years I've spent around $1.5 million dollars(corporate money, of course)on Zeiss microscopes. You'd think they could at least give me a21mm f/2.8 Distagon T* ZE as a 'thank you' gift, right??

Im' sure the sales rep can get his hands on a demo copy for his "regular-high dollar" customers--Seriously, I used to get a box of pecans every year for Christmas from one of my vendors, and I only spent $100K on his equipment. [:O]

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    35mm f/1.4L

I have thought about this lens often, but I reallly don't know what I would do with it---Same thing with a 70-200 F2.8 L IS II---But they are both very cool lenses by all accounts.

Bob