Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Its a shame...

Its a shame...

I find myself visiting this site less and less because of the changes that are popping up that in my opinion make it hard to use. Thats a shame because I visited this site all the time to check stuff out. Major disappointment for me when this site started covering Nikon gear and I just have to share that. I don't care two flips about Nikon gear and I'll never own one. There are tons of other Nikon specific sites so Its just over kill to have another!

Re: Its a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    I find myself visiting this site less and less...

Someone who makes valuable contributions to the forum would be missed a lot if they left.

because of the changes that are popping up that in my opinion make it hard to use.

Sorry to hear that. Personally, I haven't had any trouble at all.

Major disappointment for me when this site started covering Nikon gear and I just have to share that. I don't care two flips about Nikon gear and I'll never own one.

Wow.

Just... wow.

I never imagined that there were people out there who actually thought like that. I just don't know what to say.

There are tons of other Nikon specific sites so Its just over kill to have another!

None of the other sites are as good as TDP.

"like" on Daniel's post! I personally like to have the Nikon stuff on here. Nice to compare some things. Besides, Bryan has stated that he has Canon as his #1 priority numerous times. Never hurts to have more information from a good source. As for the changes on the site, once you use it a little bit, it actually is pretty nice.

To be honest, I've barely noticed the addition of Nikon info to the site. It hasn't hampered my use of the site in the slightest (but that's just me).

I also like to see the Nikon info even though I will never switch. The only thing I see that has significantly changed is the forum section. I do prefer the previous version but I am beginning to get use to this one.

Mark
    Mark

Although the new forum section is an adjustment, I am getting used to it. I think we are all just used to the previous layout and change can sometimes be challenging. As we use it more it will be just as comfortable, and we may come to find we actually like the changes.

As far as the Nikon things, I really am not troubled by it. Extra information is always an advantage. Plus my friends who are not fortunate enough to own Canon now have a great site to find information at. []

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

To be honest, I've barely noticed the addition of Nikon info to the site. It hasn't hampered my use of the site in the slightest (but that's just me).
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Nope, it's not just you. I never click on those links so I don't even notice they're there. There are a few things about the forums I don't like such as the having to click on "rich formatting" every time but heck sure is better than crashing a few times a day!

Denise

I like the changes to the forum and find it much more user friendly, especially since I can post using my iPhone now.

As for the addition of Nikon gear...why do you care so much? Your post reads like Nikon gear is some sort of toxin that endangers the vitality of the site. I

The only thing I really miss is being able to click on your names and pull up a list of your posts/responses. Can I still do this and just have not figured it out?

Mark
    Mark

I for one welcome the addition of Nikon lenses because now we can see just how much sharper and more comprehensive the Canon selection is.