Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Assignment 13: Vertical Compositions -- Congratulations elmo_2006

Re: Assignment 13: Vertical Compositions

Can I squeak in under the gun? [:P]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/480x640/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/0216.VertSub.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    We tried to put it down to 5/6 finalists, so the list wasn't getting too big. Also the first shot that someone posts counts. So if they submitted 5, that's fine, but the first one counted as the only one. It's more fair to the others that only send in 1

I thought they could post multiple picsbut they had to specify which they wanted to submit?

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    We tried to put it down to 5/6 finalists, so the list wasn't getting too big. Also the first shot that someone posts counts. So if they submitted 5, that's fine, but the first one counted as the only one. It's more fair to the others that only send in 1

I thought they could post multiple picsbut they had to specify which they wanted to submit?

Hi. Please letus know if we need to designate which ofour pictures is the official "entry". At least for me, I didn't know of that rule (yep, pleadin' ignorance[:P]) so the "first" was actually chronological, not by preference.

Thanks,

Brant

Okay since I get to play the role of judge, jury, and executioner for this assignment, I will say that all entries count. So don't worry about specifying your favourite. However, I won't pick more than one photo from any one individual for the shortlist. Maybe for the next assignment, the new judge can spell out in advance how it is going to work. Since I didn't know any better, I left it wide open.

If it's safe to do so, I'd like to now officially close the assignment to further entries. Please give me another day or so to mull through the myriad of amazing offerings, and put the shortlist together.

Thanks again,
    Jonathan

Thanks for considering all the submissions. I
    - Trowski

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer
    Okay since I get to play the role of judge, jury, and executioner for this assignment, I will say that all entries count

Good Luck Jonathan, I don't envy you---Its going to be tough just picking of few of a who-lotta great entries.

Good luck to all,

Bob

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer
    Okay since I get to play the role of judge, jury, and executioner for this assignment, I will say that all entries count.

That's a good call Jonathan. I think the rules should be posted in the initial first thread of the assignment. I hope that will also be the case next assignment [A] If not I'm going to post every single picture that I have next time [6] Nah kidding, I think I will limit myself to about 1000 photos then []

Right....good luck putting your favorites together! [Y]

Jan

I selected a half-dozen finalists and passed them along to Dan (he kindly offered to set up the poll). There were many great submissions, but in order to make the list, I tried to select photos that were great primarily because they were in the vertical format. Photos that would also have been great in horizontal format were scored lower. I know that sounds a little unfair but that was the original intent of this assignment... to use the vertical format to create a compelling image, that would not have worked any other way. Good luck everyone, and thanks very much for your participation. I'm already looking forward to the next assignment (which I don't have to judge --- yay!).

Jonathan

Your game, your rules [] I'm looking forward to see which ones you selected. May the best win!

Hey Guys,

The finalists and poll are up in the original post! there are 4 days to vote!