Thread: SOLD: Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash - Asking $140.00 + $10.00 for UPS insured shipping

SOLD: Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash - Asking $140.00 + $10.00 for UPS insured shipping

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: 'Century Gothic','sans-serif'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]I have two Canon Speedlite 430EX Flashes to sell. They both look new and are in perfect working condition. Each Flash comes with all of its original contents except forthe box. I'll upload pictures when I have time. Please email me with questions.<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: 'Century Gothic','sans-serif'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]I am asking $140.00 + $10.00 for UPS insured shipping and will accept PayPal: <label for="emailList-mark@markelbersonphotography.com"]<span style="color: #0000ff;"][email="mark@markelbersonphotography.com]mark@markelbersonphotography.com[/email]</label>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: 'Century Gothic','sans-serif'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<label for="emailList-mark@markelbersonphotography.com"]<span style="color: #ff0000;"]<span style="color: #ff0000;"]Price is for one <span style="color: #ff0000;"]Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash. If you would like to purcahse both flashes I will not charge for shipping on the second one.</label>

Re: FS: Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash - Asking $140.00 + $10.00 for UPS insured shipping

I am tempted.......sooo tempted. Good price. Trying to figure out if I can justify an 11th shoe mount flash.... :-)

Re: FS: Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash - Asking $140.00 + $10.00 for UPS insured shipping

11th haha

Anyways, I can tell that I bought an 430EX from Mark and it really looks like a brand new one, great condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    I am tempted.......sooo tempted. Good price. Trying to figure out if I can justify an 11th shoe mount flash.... :-)

Ha! Looking at your most recent work it seems that your monolights get much more use than your shoe-mounts these days :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Ha! Looking at your most recent work it seems that your monolights get much more use than your shoe-mounts these days :-)
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

It's true, they do. However, I shot a young lady's sweet 16 birthday party this past weekend and I used 5 shoe-mount flashes (two people using two camera bodies and two transmitters firing all the flashes in a gymnasium). If I had had two Canon flashes that I could stick in the hotshoes, I may have gone with a simpler setup (but I only have one Canon 580EX).

I recently shot a wedding that had 600+ guests. It was huge! Anyway, for the reception I used my (2) 430

not to hijack the thread, but I am looking to buy my first flash in the next month or two (when I have money...it might be worth going into "debt" on the fun money budget to buy this one) but am curious about flash heads. Do flash

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fleming
    Do flash's have life expectancies?

Technically yes, practically no. The flash tube will last into the hundreds of thousands of flashes - it's more likely that the electronics (capacitor, circuit boards, etc.) will fail sooner. Those don't have rated lifespans, but in general are pretty robust (the shutter life expectancy is due to mechanical wear and tear - a solid-state device life a flash has no moving parts. Probably the most likely reasons you'll need a new flash would be to upgrade to a more powerful one, or if you accidentally damage it.