Thread: Outdoor Photo Gear

Outdoor Photo Gear

If you do any sort of photography, but especially outdoor (sports, nature, landscape, etc), check out Outdoor Photo Gear. They are a small company (compared to, say, B&H), but their prices and service are hard to beat. Most orders can be shipped free (or one can pay extra for quicker delivery). They don't sell cameras, lenses (except for the Lensbaby), filters, strobes/flashes, memory cards, etc. Instead, they concentrate on gear that outdoor photographers will find useful. They even carry Neos overshoes, Ameristep blinds (the models useful for photographers), and Foxgloves gloves. Several times, I've put in an order that was shipped within hours, depending upon when I put it in. They accept PayPal, which I prefer to use rather than giving out my credit card information. Their web site is easy to use, as well.
    George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR

Re: Outdoor Photo Gear

I did get my Induro BHD2 ballhead and short center columns for my tripod at the same time there last February. Their price for the ballhead was pretty much the same as at amazon but they were the only ones that had the short columns at the time. Looks like they may have a number of items you may not find elsewhere and shipping is very fast. I've noticed with all the gear I've purchased that there are a number of places that don't even ship the stuff for days after you order it.

Downside - too bad this online store doesn't "help" support this site.

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Downside - too bad this online store doesn't support this site.

Actually, no online store "supports this site." B&H and Adorama (and perhaps others) have "associate" or referral programs that give a small reward (i.e., commission) to the owner of a site that refers ("click-throughs") people to the retailer's site who then buy something on the same visit. I expect that Outdoor Photo Gear is too small to have such a program, as yet. You might suggest it to them, but they don't sell most of the gear that Bryan reviews here.
    George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR

Quote Originally Posted by George Slusher
    Actually, no online store "supports this site." B&H and Adorama (and perhaps others) have "associate" or referral programs that give a small reward (i.e., commission) to the owner of a site that refers ("click-throughs") people to the retailer's site who then buy something on the same visit.

That is what I meant and I guess my brief sentence did not relay my meaning accurately. Thank you for clarifying what I should have stated to begin with.

Denise