Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good camera bag

A good camera bag

Hello,

im looking for a good camera bag but one i could also use everyday to carry books ..other small items and take to school.. etc... (and can also carry a camera at the same time something like a 7D + 24-70mm f/2.8 or smaller)

and maybe one that does not look like a cam bag , a bag that would look just like any other bag.

if anyone has any suggestions please let me know !

Thanks !

Re: A good camera bag

If you

I recently picked up a KATA backpack for precisely the same needs. www.kata-bags.com/productFRM2HS.asp

My camera is a little smaller (XTi) but you could put the 7D/24-70 2.8 combo in horizontally with room for maybe another lens or two depending on the size. The top pocket is big enough fro most standard books, though a full sized text book will probably not fit. I find this bag perfect for taking to school.

Hi...Kata and Lowepro bags are very nice. You may also want to consider Tamrac and Think Tank......here is a thread from awhile back discussing several options:

community.the-digital-picture.com/.../37327.aspx

Based on what you are discussing, the Kata 467 or a Lowepro Fastpack 250/350 maybe very good options.Both of these are intended to hold basic camera gear (camera plus an additional lens or so)and be a flexible "all in one"backpackin that each has a dedicated area for a computer, camera equipment and a 3rd compartment.

But, really, each brand hasseveral different styles. I'd recommend checking out their websites and then trying a few on at a local camera shop.

Good luck.

Thank you all for your input.

these are all great bags but i don

For what it
    Bob

i used to do that before i got the Low pro stealth reporter 100AW but i wrapped it in a jacket

i did that when my huge crumpler backpack was too big to take some places.

i think i might do that with a normal backpack but with this www.crumpler.co.uk

i know it wont provide much protection but its better than nothing as a lightweight solution when i cant take my crumpler or low pro

Thanks!

if your goal is to carry only your body with one lens attached you could buy yourself the smaller top load that could fit your larger body lens combo, then simply put it in a regular backpack. gives you good protection and it can be carried separately, more then that it

I recently picked up a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home bag for my kit and have not looked back - The bag rocks! It

Alex, Thanks for the tip. I am always looking for the right "bag" and have yet to find the one I need for most occasions. I have several, but it seems that regardless of the situation, the one I pick is lacking something--- I have heard many good things about the Crumpler 7 Mil $ Home bag, so maybe that will be next on my "get list".

Bob
    Bob