Thread: 360 X 180 Panorama inside a car

360 X 180 Panorama inside a car

Want to start doing some other forms of 360 x 180 VR photography and make some additional money. Its turning out to be a tough market as nobody I've approached see's the benefit that can be had by posting something like this on there website. People like to look at them but I need to sell some of these projects. can't post it here (or don't know how) but you can see it HERE. Would like to be able to post the flash player directly on a web page but for now I have to put up a still image and link to the file with in my directory. Anyone know how to do this? It will take some code writing and I'm not well versed in writing code.

Re: 360 X 180 Panorama inside a car

Really cool shot! I like the ones you shoot a lot. What lens do you use and how does this work?

To be honest, I like the photos, but I'm not really seeing much practical use either. Sure there will be some companies that benefit from such a shot, but I think your market isn't big.

Anyway it looks like quite some work to do, but it looks really good afterwards. Good luck finding more customers [Y]

Jan

I think it's great. We bought a car recently and this would have really helped us with our decision.

As for displaying it here or in other forums, it may not be possible because allowing users to post flash applications can be a source of stability and security issues. The normal way that forums solve that is to allow only certain pre-approved flash applications that are hosted here. You could ask Bryan about it.

Went back to Mercedes again to follow up plus I went to the Land Rover, Lexus, Jaguar and Volkswagen dealerships and met with who I could. We will see if anyone bites on the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

I think it's great. We bought a car recently and this would have really helped us with our decision.

It would have helped you, but would the dealer really benefit from it? I think the best way to get somebody to buy a car is to let them experience the car in real life. Even minor cons that you might have seen on a photo like this could be turned into a less intense con when you experience the car. If you would have only seen the picture and you would have based your opinion purely on that, I think it could have gone a whole different way.

Anyway still good luck finding customers mr freelanceshots, I hope they bite []

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

It would have helped you, but would the dealer really benefit from it?

Hmm... I didn't think of it that way. We had to drive all the way over there and waste their time just to confirm that it wasn't the right car. Then drive to another one and another one, and so on until we finally found the right one. If they had all had this feature, it would have only benefited the dealer that had the car we wanted. (The only benefit that the other dealers would have got is that we wouldn't not have wasted their time.)

Its just used as another tool to spark peoples interest and get them into the dealerships so that they can be greeted by a salesman or women and then experience the car in person and ask questions. When I