Hey,

I currently use a Samsung T240HD 24" full HD 1920*1200 TV/Monitor combination, but it's truly a disaster for me. The viewing angle is terrible and the output is just not right. Even with the help of my Datacolor Spyder Elite 3 I cannot get good results. Better yet, I have better results without it.

Anyway I tried my brothers cheaper 21" Benq screen lately and while it's a lot cheaper and has less resolution. It worked much better.

So I started looking for a new screen, this time I won't need the TV analogue plug in ability. Since I watch practically no TV. Anyway I started looking, but I honestly have no idea what's good and what isn't. Plus most reviews are based on videogames, so not a really good comparison to photoediting. Plus I'm totally new to the LED thing, is it good or not? What type of interface do I need? What is an IPS panel and do I really need it? The expensive monitors seem to have it all. I also looked at the Eizo's and so, but they seem quite overbudget for me []

Here's what I like to have:

- 23" minimum, preferable 24 or larger

- Full HD resolution, min 1920 * 1080, Now I have 16:10 ratio, but 16:9 is also good

- A simple but good screen.

- Budget 700 dollars at the absolute max = 500 euros at this point, but if I get more for less, that's of course better []

Thanks in advance,

Jan