Thread: Displays, I need a new one, but I have no clue which one.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Displays, I need a new one, but I have no clue which one.

Hey Jan, sorry for the late reply - I
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Re: Displays, I need a new one, but I have no clue which one.

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor

Hey Jan, sorry for the late reply - I've been really tied up fishing and camping the last few days. Honestly it's been terrible

I bet it was...blegh camping and fishing with this weather [st][]

Alright I want to thank you all for replying. I really appreciate the effort. [Y] And while I didn't directly reply due to being very busy, I did read the replies in the e-mails and I took notice of the things you all said.

Tomorrow I will be picking up my new display. I'm going with the Nec EA231WMi. IPS was a definite need. It's not as big and nice as the Dell whoch was my first choice, but after some thinking and budgetting I had to go with the Nec. I didn't see the pros of the Dell to justify the extra 200 euro's (45% price increase). I aslo didn't really need the qide-gamut after thinking about it and the Nec offers me practically the entire sRGB range, which I and most people who see my pictures will see. It's an inch smaller and the scale is different. Also the Nec get´s a lot of credit on reviews, with results matching or even outperforming the Dell.

I will see how I like it. I will be seeing 16:9 instead of 16:10 now. Which might actually be nice when I'm watching movies or processing a full hd time-lapse....

I´m very confident at the moment that I will like it and I hope that just like Ben, my pictures will turn out spot on. (I also have a Spyder 3 elite [])

Thanks a lot for the input guys! I think I will enjoy editing a lot more now so be prepared for some "show and tell" or other topics to be filled with my crap.

Cheers,

Jan