Thread: Boda Bag

Boda Bag

Hey all,

Does anyone have an opinion on the Boda Bag Jr. http://www.goboda.com/ ?

I have never worn a lens bag but I have a job coming up that looks like I may need one.

It looks great, like almost the lens bag of all lens bags...hehe....just looking for opinons []

Re: Boda Bag

Well looks like if I get one, I better write a short review LOL

Cheers

unjx,

I have been using the Boda dry for about a year now and I really enjoy it. The shoulder pad is extremely plush and wide which makes slinging 12 lbs of stuff quite easy. I've never used the bag around my waist so I couldn't tell you if it would work well in that mode. But again, as a shoulder bag. Pure bliss.

I've been able to fully pack the Boda Dry with the following:70-200 2.8 IS with the tripod mounting ring and hood (reveresed) attached, 2 580ex flashes (one on each side pouch), Quantum turbo battery pack in the front pouch several bp-511 batterys in the front bottom pouch and a few lens filters in the flap zipper pouch.

I shoot local rock concerts and I am switching lens like crazy throughout the performance. Before I got the Boda Dry, I was always nervous about leaving my equipment bag in the corner of the stage. Any time I needed to change something out, I'd walk back to the bag, get what I needed, zip it up and resume shooting. Waste of time. Also, all it takes is one person to see that you're far from your stuff and YOINK! The Boda bag allows me to keep what I need for that particular shoot on my side at all times. Changing out a lens is lighting fast too as the top flap when left unzipped flips open quickly. Even the 70-200mm whips out of the bag quickly without snagging on anything.

The bag's padding is adaquate for a day shoot bag. It will protect against small dings and bumps, but don't throw the bag around like a duffle bag. Leave that for the pelican cases! [:P]

Hope that helps you out a bit!

icee,

Thank you SO MUCH for your reply, it really means a lot. The bag indeed looks fit for my needs but I feel reassured with your testimony. It helps a lot. Especially since I will be holstering a 70-200, 580 flash, and an un-yet-decided prime.

I have a great Lowepro backpack that solves the horrifying "leave gear in dark corner" problem ( I hear you there) , but it is too slow too change lenses.

So I will go for the Boda, thanks again for your comments, and best of light with your shooting,

OH, and welcome to the-Digital-Picture Forums Good to have you here.

Jim

Jim,

You're very welcome! I'm not sure if you've seen it yet, but if you goto boda's site and click on the blog, there is a youtube video of the Jim Garner, the designer of the bag, showing off the bag in all of its glory. While I may not toss lenses around as fast as he does in the video, its still a great speed bag.

Be sure that you stick with the larger Boda Dry. Given the price difference between the small and large versions, I think the larger bag will give you way more bag for your buck.

~Chris