Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: £500 for a canon lens

Re: £500 for a canon lens

Good to hear Edd,

if you have the chance, it'salways good to try the lens(es) out in a local store.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesejm
    Wish i could afford the 70-300L!!!

Me too, but for sports the f5.6 maximum aperture would always be a downside...

But I think the use of the extenders with the 70-200 is a big plus also.

The extenders will always decrease the image quality for some level.

Good luck finding a right price, it seems that we're getting screwed here in Europe [:P]

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

Good luck finding a right price, it seems that we're getting screwed here in Europe

It seems we are!

Thanks for all your help, off to the shop at the weekend if i don't change my mind by then!!!

Edd

I haven

I haven't really considered any other makes of lens as I always thought Canon were far superior. Should I be considering other makes of the 70-200L or their versions?

Edd
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

For the amount of money you can of course look at some alternatives. However it's hard. Tamron and Sigma both have f2.8 versions, but both have their flaws and are both probably somewhat more expensive. Read the reviews if you want. When I bought my Canon 70-200 f4L I was aware of 3rd party lenses, but I wasn't their biggest fan. I'd rather have one perfect f4 lens than an f2.8 lens with flaws like lesser sharpness or focusissues.

The other 70-200 versions from canon are just way more expensive. I bet that if you would hold the 70-200 f4L with IS you'd be in love with it, but it's also twice the price and if you live without IS, there's not too much difference, since the 70-200 f4L is a great lens.

Good luck this weekend [Y]