I switched from film to digital photography a couple of years ago, and am now feeling that I know my digital camera (almost) as good as my old film-based camera. However, there is one aspect of digital photography where I need some inspiration, and that is post processing. I hope some of you are willing to show me some images before and after post processing to give me (and others?) an idea of what can be done and how. It doesn't have to be huge changes, all kind of PP from minor sharpening and colour adjustment to HDR, all entries are welcome. I just want to know what you experts do to improve your pictures, and how the picture looked before you started.

I will start off with a macro shot I did a few months ago. The original was cropped, then sharpened, and I increased colour saturation and contrast (I'm sorry, I don't remember how much). For this image, I used DPP, but I did another try with Aperture 2, and got very similar result. If it was an improvement is a matter of taste, I guess. I just wanted a nice colourful backround image on my computer.

I hope you will join me on this.

Lars

Before

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/0167.20100823_2D00_01.JPG[/img]

After

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-39-80/Herfindal_2D00_06.jpg[/img]