Thread: Vegas Baby

Vegas Baby

A few months back the wife and I took a trip to Vegas. My goal was to capture the Vegas Lights.....tough goal I found out. While I did get some fair pics along those lines (not enough to show) I got a few other types as well.

All but one of these pics were taken with the 5D Mark II and the 35mm F1.4L. Many of them were taken off the top of double decker tour bus in motion (you will notice the tops of peoples heads)

Comments are welcome (keeping in mind these are not presented as great photographic works...or anything close) .......

And if you know how to take pictures of all the lights without loosing all the colors...tips are welcome...

And if you got Vegas pictures ....Lets see them as well...
    <div></div>

\[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/LuxorCastle.JPG[/img]

The only 24mm L1.4 Pic..and you can tell what it is
    <div>[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/Partridge.JPG[/img]</div>

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/Vegas.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/NewYork.JPG[/img]

Strange Distortion???

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/Split.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/Wynn.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/Eiffel.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/MGM.JPG[/img]

Re: Vegas Baby

Nice shots, would be good in the vertical ssignment.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Great pics.....

Last time I was in Vegas was 2007....so all pictures are with my S45.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4621.LV_2D00_BellogioatNight-cropped.jpg[/img]

What amazed me was what was outside of Vegas:

Zion NP:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5861.Z_2D002D00_Zion2.JPG[/img]

Death Valley (and some seriously patient photographers):

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5008.DV_2D00_Ansel-Adams.JPG[/img]

Hoover Dam:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3704.HD_2D00_DamFarDown.JPG[/img]

All in all, lots of different photography opportunities within driving distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72

What amazed me was what was outside of Vegas:

Maybe next trip I will take my 500mm and 2x converter and head up to area 51....

That last shot Kayaker72 at Hoover..... I don't think I could have gotten that picture at all... its a long way down.

Cool shot of the Wynn. But my favorite is the Stratosphere...asked my wife to marry me at the base of the tower. []

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    I don't think I could have gotten that picture at all... its a long way down

[] Yep...those buildings down at the bottom are actually multiple stories tall......it is a really cool place...

My favorite is the Stratosphere, but I also like the way you captured the Wynn.

Good job,

Braden