Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colosseum and other HDR's from Italy

Re: A few HDR's and others from Italy

Yes, as a matter of fact!!! the horizontal Colosseum was shot about 1:30am....5 shot bracket, live view, .8, 2, 5, 13, 30 seconds respectively. After looking at the time, I am a little confused as to why they don

Those are some very nice photos and I am very jealous of the trip you got to take.

The first Colosseum photo you posted is my favorite.

Braden

Thank you Braden...A great trip, but....traveling through Italy with a 3yr old for 3 full weeks was taxing. On all of us!! We need a vacation from our vacation!!!

I can imagine. That was certainly very brave of you.

Also, did you take any precautions when it came to your photography gear and the public? Or did you travel and carry your gear as you would have in your hometown?

Brave, you say!! Many people I talked to afterward, were, like, "you did what??", but all in all, it was a good trip. The good thing, was, my dad and his girlfriend were with us, also. I think the worst was driving in the car for long stretches....one day was for about 10 hrs. We drove Florence to Cosenza(southern Italy) in 1 day. Mason, my 3 yr old, was about done after 5-6hrs.....whew!!

I actually didn

Re: Colosseum and other HDR's from Italy

I noticed you telling that nobody seems to have noticed this thread, but I had seen it and honestly it's too much post-processingfor me personally. At least most of them. I do like the streetshot though.

Quote Originally Posted by greggf
    the HDR's were processed with the new HDR Efex from NIK software. My opinion, it is a much better program than Photomatix...except that there are way more options for tweaking!!

A bit off topic, but I'm interested here. What part of HDR Efex is better than Photomatix? I haven't used it, but I tried some other programs, but until now Photomatix gives me the sharpest shots. In other words, the best alligning. (Really much better than the others I've tried) As far as colors and usability concerned it's somewhat lacking, but I do most of the post-processing in other programs anyway so that's not a big deal for me.

Jan

Ps: I'm not sure if it's a resize thing or so, but your name/watermark is just getting outside the frame and it's bugging me a bit. It gives me the idea that there's more image on the left side which I cannot see.

Simply stated: Nice!

Gregg, These shots are simply stunning-----#4, the side shot of the collosium is by far my favorite---That one is a definite wall hanger or fine art piece. Tell us more about this new software you are using--HDR efx.

Thanks for sharring,

Bob
    Bob

Omg wow, great job, i love the contrast in the blacks in all of them, keeping a great amout of detail in those shadows. Not a complaint, but watch the highlights, its kinda to bright, and my eye goes to that first, other than that, looks great!

sorry it