Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-mail Unsubscribe

E-mail Unsubscribe

Does anyone know how I disable e-mail notifications for the topics I reply to? I'm tired of getting e-mails clogging my inbox every time someone replies to a post I also replied to. I see how to do it after I post, but I still get an e-mail with my post, and I don't want to take the extra steps every time to disable it with the link on the side of the thread.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Braden

Re: E-mail Unsubscribe

Right now, you have to use "Rich Formatting" and uncheck the "Email Me Replies to this Post" option at the bottom just above the "Post" button. However, being able to choose a default behavior (auto email/no email) for the regular reply box would be a handy account feature.

In the top right of your browser, click on Settings, then go to the Site Options tab, then scroll down to "EMAIL CONFIGURATION". Try customizing those settings to see if you can get the desired behavior.

I

Thanks for the replies Sean and Daniel. Daniel, I already played around with those settings and it hasn't helped, but I may not have made the right adjustments. Until I figure that out, thanks for the "Rich Formatting" tip Sean.

Maybe Bryan or site admin (if there are any) will see this post and do something about e-mails automatically being sent. If anything, it should be the other way around and the poster/replier should have to change settings to receive e-mails.

I unchecked "Enable Status Message & Comment Email Notifications" but still received an email after using the quick reply textbox. However, the site does say that changes may take up to 10 minutes to take effect. I

I sent an email to Bryan to see if anything can be done. It

Ok, I this time I

Ok, now I don

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    I just wasn't sure if it bothered anyone else

Oh yeah. I despise auto email notifications. I go to the site when I have time to visit the site... usually briefly, several times a day. I don't need the emails. I *can* however see that it would be handy when you're asking a question and hoping for a quick reply, so the all or nothing behavior you're seeing is horrible news.

I'd prefer sites have options like this:

[ ] Email updates to threads I've marked to follow.
    [ ] Auto follow threads I started.
    [ ] Auto follow threads I reply to.

Users can then customize how they want to be updated. You can follow threads you've started. The reason this isn't "Email updates to threads I started" is to allow you to stop getting updates once a thread has gone 10 pages off topic, of if you started a "Best Of" thread by unfollowing it. A reply doesn't have to mean follow either. You can manually follow threads you haven't participated in. You'll notice follow doesn't necessarily mean email me. You could visit the site and look at threads you're following.

And yes, thanks for pointing out the check box on the rich format page.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L