Not quite two years ago when I got my first 5D Mark II, I thought I needed a wide angle lens. Not really knowing much about wide angle I choose the 14mm. When I got it and tried it...it scared me. I was not expecting this kind of width or distortion. I studied about it and used it a few days and then packed it up and sent it back, and got the 16-35mm II instead. I was not ready.......

Now fast foward ahead from early 2009 to Now.....After all this time I look back at these pictures and think maybe I am ready to try it again. The diffrence between 14mm and 16mm doesn't sound like much, but it can be huge...maybe I should trade the 16-35mm off and get one again....maybe...maybe I am ready now.... it wouldn't take much to push me over the edge and buy it...MAYBE someone can talk me out of this madness...

Here are a few samples of what I shot with the 14mm in 2009 ....

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/SamNoble1.JPG[/img][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-47-09/SamNoble2.JPG[/img]