Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: void seller,sellers remorse has decided to keep!

Re: FS my trusty new Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L USM due to financial issues!

Hello Daniel Browning,Browning any relations to the manufacture of high quality armament The topic of this post was about my need to sell my lens based on an unexpected financial hardship, but thankfully I was able to overcome it in time to preserve my lens! I hate to bring drama to the forum, so please accept my apologies everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by GarzaCapitalist
    any relations to the manufacture of high quality armament?

No, but I am related toLaura Ingalls Wilder, author of the "Little House" book series.

[:O] I loved "Little House"! []

[]

Anyway I'm glad to hear that things have worked out this fast. Good luck on your situation [Y]

That is way to cool! I wonder if you are able to have any hands on experience of any inherited experiences? I assume hearing handed down memories are abundant in your household? www.lauraingallswilderhome.com

Thank you Jan, I appreciate your response and concern! I hated to consider selling but I ran into some issues that I was able to settled on thankfully!

Surprise I loved "Little House"! Big Smile Its been a while since i have seen little house my self, but i think it should be mandatory viewing in schools! i hate to sound prudish or what not, but i think with all of these insane shows readily available and hugely popular, that we should preserve and diverse what we show our young! the whole cartoon show with references to sexual innuendo and what not can be funny once or so, but it is not stop! i might sound like a freak if some sort, but for my children i like to ensure that they are able to avoid these things, or give them an alternative with a talk about why they should choose something else despite it being the in thing! i would hate to stifle their ability to choose, but with all of these so called adults on TV or radio sending these messages, i feel compelled to add my two cents! if an adult as they claim to be writes cartoons with their own views while trying to be incognito,is allowed to make these cartoons or kids shows, why on earth would i be then considered a totalitarian or dictator, when i choose what my children should or should not watch? i understand that they should choose and make their up their own minds, but we have adults writing these things with their own twisted views! okay end rant. thanks again all!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    No, but I am related toLaura Ingalls Wilder, author of the "Little House" book series.

Okay, *now* I'm impressed. My 8 yr old daughter is reading the series now and she loves it. I can't think of a better life achievement than making a major contribution to children's literature.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/10/3365.IMG_5F00_1234.JPG[/img]

Not a great capture, I admit, but relevant. You can't read the title, but happens to be "Little House in the Big Woods".

She was my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandma. I definitely inherited her great fashion sense.

Lovely shot. I'll show it to my daughter Who needs 5DII's, 7D's, and L lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    She was my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandma

Wow. You guys reproduce quickly. 10 generations unless I miscounted, in just over 150 years. She's only a little older than my (still living) grandfather.

Amazing you never mentioned this until now. If it was me, my handle would be "liwilderdescendant" or "littlehousekid" or something.

Ever do any writing? []