Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Assignment 14 - Be creative with Depth Of Field

Re: Assignment 14 - Depth Of Field - the wider the better - 7 days!

I'll jump in: Since we can only submit once I hate being first but here goes: If I understand the assignment: Thin DoF, wide open aperture, not a typical pet, tree, or portrait:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/6180.Thin_5F00_DoF_5F00_EXIF.png[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1024x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/3107.Thin_5F00_DoF.jpg[/img]

ARRGGHHHHH....

Maybe I should just give up and go bury my head in the sand and call it a day.

Please submit photos with a thin depth of field, for those that have submitted, please feel free to resubmit. Anything goes as long as it
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Since I use my camera for work I get a little burnt out so I don't pick it up as much as I used to when I'm home. I posted this shot awhile back for people to see but it has a thin DOF and its of an interesting and colorful little subject.

TV 1/15, Av 11, Lens 100 IS macro, Iso 1600, hand held shot

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x632/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/4571.Tree-frog-freelanceshots.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane
    <div id="ctl00_ctl00_content_content_ctl00_fragment_121 6_ctl01_ctl00_PostForm__QuoteText"]

Great picture Bob, but the aperture is f/11.

He said he wants a wide aperture, "open up those apertures"

Elmo, what do you mean by wide DOF?

I'm confused too!

Rich
    </div>

Rich, Thanks. I read all of that as well, But Elmo ended his assignment with " Let's see that bokeh", So...... there is more than one way to achieve bokeh, even at F11. Hopefully I understood his assignment correctly.--If not, I am sure he will clarify [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Bob

Bob Williams is dead on - thank goodness someone understands a feeble mind...LOL
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by elmo_2006
    Bob Williams is dead on - thank goodness someone understands a feeble mind...LOL

So my entry is valid? []

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by doggiedoc

Quote Originally Posted by elmo_2006

So my entry is valid? [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Paul
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Yes as well as Bob's.

NOTE: I have talked to Emilio (Elmo 2006) and unfortunately this assignment had a bad start.

<span style="font-size: small;"]Since there was some miscommunication due to choice of words, we decided to make a new thread for the assignment.

Mostly because the idea of the assignment isn't very clear now and the thread has been "poluted" with off-assignment talk [:P]

I think the new thread will be aired sometime in the next 12 hours, so please be patient.

What this means is that this thread can be ignored as the official thread to post your photos for the assignment.

This thread can be used to debate the assignment in general.

People who already have posted a photo will be asked to post again in the coming new thread. If we/I notice that a particular person didn't get this memo, we or I will personally take contact with the concerning person(s).

So please wait for the new thread to start. In the meantime, every question, critique or idea about the assignment or the assignments in general can be posted in this thread.

If something isn't clear, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Jan

Edit: obviously I missed the Assignment 14 - DOF discussion thread... if you want you could also use that thread to debate []

The thread for the re-started assignment is online now! Click here to go there.

For the people who had already posted a photo. Please do again on the new thread. Thanks!

If there's a moderator around who could change the "sticky" status of this thread and the new one...that we be great! [A]