Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 14: Be creative with Depth Of Field - Congratulations Freelanceshots!

Re: -NEW- Assignment 14: Be creative with Depth Of Field

Thank you sir! Now how can i do this in a copy and paste quicker method using an imac? i pre thank you!

Here's one of my favorite soccer pics from this past season. Dreary conditions as you can see the falling rain drops.

Canon 1D MkII 70-200 non-IS @ 200mm 1/500 f2.8+1/3 ISO 400

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x600/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/6012.DOF.JPG[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by calulot

Here's one of my favorite soccer pics from this past season. Dreary conditions as you can see the falling rain drops.

Canon 1D MkII 70-200 non-IS @ 200mm 1/500 f2.8+1/3 ISO 400

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x600/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/6012.DOF.JPG[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Hmmm, Something looks out of place here. If that were me at that age playing soccer, my white shirt would look closer in color to the shirt an the other two kids, perhaps with a little green smudged in there as well. I don't think I've ever seen a soccer kid with such a white shirt. []

Very Nice picture anyways. nice DOF

Guys/Gals: incredible shots! Here's my humble submission:

My submission for your consideration.

Tiny Bubbles will Dew by doggiedoc@tcah.com, on Flickr[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/8053.DewDrop_5F00_exif.png[/img]

Nice blur, Doc and I like your creative titles to your shots. How do you post the camera data like that, it
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    I like your creative titles to your shots. How do you post the camera data like that, it's neat

Thanks Steve.

I use a screen capture tool built into Mac OS and grab the image from the Metadata Tab in Aperture then insert the image in my comments using the rich formatting tool for the reply.

Paul

Here are a few froma few from a walk around the garden last week with my new Sigma85mm.

The first is a bird. Bird of paradise the camera focused on the purple and there is a little ant in focus on the underside of the purple but the rest of the plant is OOF and the creamy blur behind is what the 85 can do. First can be my entry, others are just for to share.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/3301.IMG_5F00_4005_2D00_003.jpg[/img]

Canon7d, Sigma85mm @1.4, 1/1000 sec,ISO100

Second was a cropped shot of a rose.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/5381.IMG_5F00_4008_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

Sigma85mm @1.4, 1/3200 ISO100

And finally , Weeding not wee... A candid shot of the gardener, yanking weeds after all the rain.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/0841.IMG_5F00_4017_5F00_001.jpg[/img]

Canon 7d, Sigma85mm@1.4, 1/30sec, ISO100.

Thanks and good luck,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tkerr

Hmmm, Something looks out of place here. If that were me at that age playing soccer, my white shirt would look closer in color to the shirt an the other two kids, perhaps with a little green smudged in there as well. I don't think I've ever seen a soccer kid with such a white shirt. [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Very Nice picture anyways. nice DOF
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Ha ha! Thanks. At ages 4-5, there weren't a ton of kids rolling around on the ground. This shot, as I recall, was pretty early on in the game, probably about 5 minutes after it started raining. I have pics from later on where they were soaked. The shirts were much less clean. []

Hello, and thank you for your information! I wanted to figure out a way to do this without Aperture, so I searched the usual google, and found this,I wonder if it will do the same thing? If not, well I hope it helps others! guides.macrumors.com/Taking_Screenshots_in_Mac_OS_X