Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 14: Be creative with Depth Of Field - Congratulations Freelanceshots!

Re: -NEW- Assignment 14: Be creative with Depth Of Field

This photo was taken over the weekend. It's a view of a tree trunk where these roots are growing around it. The view is foreground (top) and background (base of the tree) as if you were looking downwards along the tree trunk.

1000D + 50mm 1.8 @ 50mm, f/2.0, 1/250 sec, ISO 100

Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

I know I have better, but here is one that is interesting since you never really see pictures like this. This guy was trying to have a snack on my arm. He got smushed, but was stuck on for the ride. Just happened to have my camera with the macro lens handy. I believe I was at f2.8 with my 100mm Macro. Enjoy. (sorry I have hairy arms...hopefully that doesn't gross anyone out)[:$]

The first one is my submission. I just wanted to share the last two.

Jayson, the first one is one of the coolest picture I have ever seen[H]

Took this a few weeks ago on my trip to Toronto. It was nice to see the season of "fall" as we don't get it here in SF.

Canon 50 1.4

ISO 100

5DmkII

Thanks Bob....after seeing your great HB pic, I decided not present one of mine.

I used this pic to show the differences between the (European) Common Kestrel (Fastglass

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

Jayson, the first one is one of the coolest picture I have ever seen[img]/emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]

Thanks JJPhoto. It took me about 20 takes to get the picture. It was on my shoulder and trying to balance a 7D with a 100 macro across your chest isn't the easiest thing to do and get focus.

Gastrophryne in amplexus. Canon 10D, Sigma 50mm macro, f/2.8, Iso 400.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson

Jayson, the first one is one of the coolest picture I have ever seen[img]/emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks JJPhoto. It took me about 20 takes to get the picture. It was on my shoulder and trying to balance a 7D with a 100 macro across your chest isn't the easiest thing to do and get focus.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I can imagine it wasn't that easy at all to take this shots! also, it doesn't look like this little guy got it's food though because the skin looks pretty rough and thick under the macro lens, just kidding![]

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson

I can imagine it wasn't that easy at all to take this shots! also, it doesn't look like this little guy got it's food though because the skin looks pretty rough and thick under the macro lens, just kidding![img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Yeah, my arms are huge and farmers tanned minus the huge! [:P] I caught him just as he was digging in. Poor guy never had a chance!

Pygmy rattlesnake. Canon 40D, 200mm, f4, iso 400.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II